Paralympic legend to attend Wheelchair World Cup final

The organisers of the 2013 Wheelchair Rugby League World Cup have revealed that 11-time Paralympic Gold Medallist Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson will be the guest of honour at the Wheelchair World Cup final on Saturday July 13.

The Wheelchair World Cup takes places exclusively in Medway, Kent from July 3 to July 13 when six nations will compete for the title of World Champions and Baroness Grey-Thompson will be on hand to present the trophy to the winning captain.

A six-time London Marathon winner, five-time World Championships Gold Medal winner and current member of the House of Lords, Baroness Grey-Thompson knows exactly what it takes to succeed on the big stage and that experience will no doubt inspire the World Cup finalists.

Click here to view the article

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

The organisers of the 2013 Wheelchair Rugby League World Cup have revealed that 11-time Paralympic Gold Medallist Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson will be the guest of honour at the Wheelchair World Cup final on Saturday July 13.

The Wheelchair World Cup takes places exclusively in Medway, Kent from July 3 to July 13 when six nations will compete for the title of World Champions and Baroness Grey-Thompson will be on hand to present the trophy to the winning captain.

A six-time London Marathon winner, five-time World Championships Gold Medal winner and current member of the House of Lords, Baroness Grey-Thompson knows exactly what it takes to succeed on the big stage and that experience will no doubt inspire the World Cup finalists.

Click here to view the article

A very good choice - she was a speaker at an event I was at recently and can talk with authority whilst remaining approachable and down to earth. Plus, she is arguably Britain's most recognisable paralympian and a big advocate for disability sport, both in Westminster and through her role with the Tony Blair Sports Foundation in the north east.

disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

This is great news.

As I said on the world cup thread, I hope this has been/will be widely advertised while the Paralympics are still fresh in the mind of the sporting public as I think having Tanni Grey attend the finals day is a bit of a coup for rugby league. 

This is great news.

As I said on the world cup thread, I hope this has been/will be widely advertised while the Paralympics are still fresh in the mind of the sporting public as I think having Tanni Grey attend the finals day is a bit of a coup for rugby league. 

Agreed.