Match v Old Boys

gabby

Seeing as no one has mentioned the match v The Old Boys, I thought I would leave some comments as the players deserve to get a mention. It was technically a first team match as we have no 2nd team. Cook was outstanding at full back, Agoro ran strongly on the wing and had a couple of tries disallowed, Mvududu only got about 20 minutes on the field but looked forceful and Elliott looked like a natural half back. In the forwards, nobody played badly and Backhouse and Broughton ran strongly. Castle didn't look fit as yet and Akerdaire had an excellent game as hooker when he came on. The Old Boys had some massive forwards in Biscombe, Fields and Saunders and proved troublesome on a small pitch. Anybody else have any comments?

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool

than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

yes true why no metion

was a good game with most not having played for weeks/months

good turn out of spectators in splendid weather conditions, station pub did well in beer sales

hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

Agree with gabby comments on players, agoro looked good & cook with broughton having another solid performance.

Made me miss the A Team days this match, and with a ridiculous large squad with a whole team not playing each weekend hope we can play more games. Maybe one V warriors, and play dewsbury & yorks 2nd teams? Otherwise I do wonder why we signed so many & not giving these players a opportunity to shine & earn a chance in first team.

As for old boys, It is a nice little pitch with a new fencing around, could do with some dugouts for the wet & windy days. Maybe it's something we could help find next year with another match?

Archived