Jump to content

Doncaster Away


Recommended Posts

Looking forward to this one. A team we haven't played for quite a while. Be interesting to see if they are genuine contenders with all the money they have spent on playing budget, or if they are another Keighley or Newcastle. Some big names in their squad so should be quite a tussle. Hoping we have our influential players back from injury/work commitments and a decent bench.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)

A few things that have changed at EcoPower Stadium since your last visit (including the name).

The bar at the back of the stand is members only now, day membership can be bought for £5. The bars/outlets in the concourse are open for everyone else and is card only. There is also a mobile beer cart that his hidden in a corner at pitch side.

The car park is all done via app/website. The cheapest way to book is in advance at this link (I have prefiltered it to the Sunday for Car Park 2) https://www.yourparkingspace.co.uk/locations/show/3314552678?rental=short&start=2024-05-19T12%3A00%3A00%2B01%3A00&end=2024-05-19T19%3A00%3A00%2B01%3A00&season_plan=mon-sun&skip_availability=false&interval_count=1. Alternatively you can pay for parking at the ticket office at the ground.

Tickets are unreserved seating but Away fans tend to sit in sections F10 to F13

image.png.b13e9e54a93e45f1331231f7cae4e0b8.png
 

Edited by Jemmo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Doncaster by 6 

we are lacking confidence 

they ran Widnes close last time out 

How did we get on against Widnes?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Donny's home game, they've only won twice at home, in their losses they've been clattered at least twice; 46 against Fev, we lost by an error a minute ftom time. A full 100% Batley can take this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, phildog said:

Donny's home game, they've only won twice at home, in their losses they've been clattered at least twice; 46 against Fev, we lost by an error a minute ftom time. A full 100% Batley can take this. 

I agree, but only with Leak, White and perhaps Brown back in the side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

For car parking, assuming that you don't mind a gentle half mile walk through the lakeside park, there is plenty of free, roadside parking available on Lakeside Boulevard. As you come down the A6182, ignore the "stadium" signs and go straight on for "lakeside", turn right at the roundabout with the Premier Inn and park anywhere along there; I usually park opposite the Travelodge.

You can even do some birdwatching on the lake too, but maybe that's just my own thing.

Edited by Blind side johnny
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

You can even do some birdwatching on the lake too, but maybe that's just my own thing.

Isn't that only possible for those able to walk on water (like yourself), BSJ?

  • Haha 3

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't honestly feel that Browny is such a benefit now, if he's not playing because of injury then it's going on too long, if he's just not selected then he's clearly not in the coach's planning. A game every now and then does neither party any good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/05/2024 at 10:17, phildog said:

Donny's home game, they've only won twice at home, in their losses they've been clattered at least twice; 46 against Fev, we lost by an error a minute ftom time. A full 100% Batley can take this. 

It's mostly ex Fev players and you usually do well against Fev 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

C'mon the Bulldogs you can win this one, Donny have named a strong squad.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/05/2024 at 12:41, BullyXL said:

Looking forward to this one. A team we haven't played for quite a while. Be interesting to see if they are genuine contenders with all the money they have spent on playing budget, or if they are another Keighley or Newcastle. Some big names in their squad so should be quite a tussle. Hoping we have our influential players back from injury/work commitments and a decent bench.

We're not contenders. Most Donny fans I know would be delighted with 10th

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We're back to same old, same old selections, no Kibula again, Josh Hodson not getting near Cas side, supposedly Cas's original DR partner yet getting shafted. Regardless of tomorrow's result we ARE in the scrap and APPARENTLY doing nothing about it. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, phildog said:

We're back to same old, same old selections, no Kibula again, Josh Hodson not getting near Cas side, supposedly Cas's original DR partner yet getting shafted. Regardless of tomorrow's result we ARE in the scrap and APPARENTLY doing nothing about it. 

Castleford wanted their players to play reserves ready for Friday vs Hull FC plus it’s a shorter turnaround for them than playing either Friday or Yesterday but sure you’ll know a different reason 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Well the wheels have well and truly come off.

Your lads looked knackered after 15 minutes. Dons were solid without being particularly fancy. Decent professional performance. Good to see Boas getting back to his best.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.