U19/U20 World Cup?

Posted (edited)

Would be a fantastic competition to have. There was meant to be one at the French World Cup, hopefully there can still be one at the next tournament in a few years.

It would give a lot of junior players especially from Fiji, France, PNG and Wales a chance on the big stage to prove themselves.

If it does happen, should be a 7 team comp with the big 3 nations and the other 4 nations I just mentioned.

Edited by NRLandSL
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I’ve also made some therotical sides. (U20) 

This is my England 17-

1-Alfie Edgell  
2-Aaron Lindop  
3-Jonny Vaughan  
4-Oli Pratt
5-Lewis Martin  
6-Leon Hayes  
7-Jack Sinfield  
8-George Delaney  
9-Harvey Smith  
10-Noah Stephens  
11-Junior Nsemba  
12-Adam Holroyd  
13-Max Wood

14-Jack Charles  
15-George Hill 
16-Lucas Green  
17-Nick Staveley

Edited by NRLandSL

Sounds wonderful apart from who is going to fund it?

Euros was cancelled last year as there was zero monies from RLWC/2021 despite all the hype from those now that have moved on with their gongs and fantasies to other sports.

Posted (edited)

My Sides for NZ and Aus

🇦🇺

1-Chevy Stewart
2-Jesse McLean
3-Blaize Talagi
4-Paul Alamoti
5-Tyrone Munro
6-Ethan Strange
7-Lachlan Galvin 
8-Kit Laulilii
9-Blake Mozer
10-Arama Hau
11-Harrison Hassett
12-Samu Fainu  
13-Blake Steep

14-Latu Fainu
15-De La Selle Va’a
16-Ryan Jackson
17-Jamal Shibasaki

Suprising lack of fowards in the aus team, quite a lot worse than the England foward pack.

🇳🇿

1-Keano Kini
2-Motu Pasikala    
3-Sio Kali    
4-Eddie Ieremia    
5-Patrick Moimoi    
6-Karl Oloapu  
7-Isaiya Katoa  
8-Benjamin Te Kura    
9-Benian Ioelu    
10-Josiah Pahulu  
11-Jacob Laban    
12-Demitric Sifakula  
13-Salesi Foketi

14-Jacob Auola  
15-Tanner Stowers-Smith  
16-Harry Durbin  
17-Leka Halasima

Edited by NRLandSL

18 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Sounds wonderful apart from who is going to fund it?

Euros was cancelled last year as there was zero monies from RLWC/2021 despite all the hype from those now that have moved on with their gongs and fantasies to other sports.

I suspose the people who are funding the Australian World Cup in a few years. Could run it along side the three other tournaments and have a lot of double headers to try keep the cost to a minimum. All very imaginative but I can’t see why not if it was originally planned for 2025.

1 minute ago, NRLandSL said:

I suspose the people who are funding the Australian World Cup in a few years. Could run it along side the three other tournaments and have a lot of double headers to try keep the cost to a minimum. All very imaginative but I can’t see why not if it was originally planned for 2025.

All down to Peter and Andrew if they decide its worth a punt they will do it i guess 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

All down to Peter and Andrew if they decide its worth a punt they will do it i guess 

Yes I really hope so, doesn’t have to be any thing fancy or spectacular. Just get together 7 sides to play a little tournament. I’m sure it would have a lot of eyes and some gems would be discovered.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

17 minutes ago, NRLandSL said:

Yes I really hope so, doesn’t have to be any thing fancy or spectacular. Just get together 7 sides to play a little tournament. I’m sure it would have a lot of eyes and some gems would be discovered.

With all the talk of expansion in the air, the NRL really does need to start considering where else they can fish for talent.

An U/19s WC would be a great place for aspiring athletes of either code to demonstrate their prowess against Aus and NZ’s best in a bid to earn a contract at a club playing in the biggest club rugby competition in the world.

So much so, it would be worthwhile playing it every two years to help with Pacific and European versions held every alternate year.

It would be a cheapish way to start pilfering talent from the other code. Even a SA team would be good to see.

Edited by Sports Prophet
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

My France 17-

1-Enzo Griffier
2-Clement Martin    
3-Gulliermo Aispuro-Bichet    
4-Guillaume Poulain  
5-Baptiste Pourchi    
6-Maxime Rostang    
7-Mathis Dall’Asta    
8-Sacha Kouassi    
9-Nolan Lopez-Buttignol  
10-Theo Fouque  
11-Felix Aubry  
12-Nesta Fleury  
13-Paolo Dall’Asta

14-Mathis Jammes  
15-Alexis Scimone  
16-Rayan Bonte  
17-Quinten Malbec

This side would be really exciting. A lot of serious talent in that backline and potential to become quality first graders. I also think this side would give the big 3 teams a serious game especially NZ. This tournament would be incredible for the French boys and could make a lot of their careers.

Edited by NRLandSL

Just now, NRLandSL said:

My France 17-

1-Enzo Griffier
2-Clement Martin    
3-Gulliermo Aispuro-Bichet    
4-Guillaume Poulain  
5-Baptiste Pourchi    
6-Maxime Rostang    
7-Mathis Dall’Asta    
8-Sacha Kouassi    
9-Nolan Lopez-Buttignol  
10-Theo Fouque  
11-Felix Aubry  
12-Nesta Fleury  
13-Paolo Dall’Asta

14-Mathis Jammes  
15-Alexis Scimone  
16-Rayan Bonte  
17-Quinten Malbec

This side would be really exciting. A lot of serious talent in that backline and potential to become quality first graders. I also think side would give the big 3 teams a serious game especially NZ. This tournament would be incredible for the French boys and could make a lot of their careers.

The French have traditionally competed well at an age level.

• Like 1

Fijian Side

1-Timoci Kotoisuva
2-Emosi Daubitu  
3-Manoa Wacokecoke  
4-Joshua Ratuvou  
5-Jason Qareqare  
6-Sulio Loka    
7-Jone Lee  
8-Jordan Miller    
9-Seru Kalounivalu  
10-Michael Waqa    
11-Joseva Rateri  
12-Solomone Saukuru    
13-Senivalati Vunibola

14-Brandon Saun  
15-Tevita Vukicea    
16-Adrea Ramabuke  
17-Mitchell Poulter

2 of the best young front rowers in the game in Miller and Waqa. Both will be playing in the U19 Origin in a month. Very strong outside backs as usual, Qareqare is the star of the team and Wacokecoke is also very talented. Also Solomone Saukuru is great player for the tigers and not far off an NRL Debut.

5 hours ago, NRLandSL said:

Would be a fantastic competition to have. There was meant to be one at the French World Cup, hopefully there can still be one at the next tournament in a few years.

It would give a lot of junior players especially from Fiji, France, PNG and Wales a chance on the big stage to prove themselves.

If it does happen, should be a 7 team comp with the big 3 nations and the other 4 nations I just mentioned.

Definitely agree that the likes of wales, France and PNG should be In over the likes of Samoa and Tonga.

Posted (edited)

PNG somewhat

🇵🇬

1-Michael Feledy
2-Phillip Coates
3-Sam Stephenson  
4-Alton Neiyep  
5-Bruce Bawa  
6-Makas Richard
7-Felix Beki  
8-
9-
10-Cooper Bai
11-Samuel Wak  
12-Josh Feledy
13-Gabriel Kaupa  

14-Jared Horne
15-    
16-Zac Kumbamong
17-Tersharne Kepigano

Very hard to find players for this team as PNG doesn’t like documenting players ages. Finley Glare (who is maybe born 2003, not sure) is an incredible talent. He was the junior Kumuls best player against the Australian schoolboys last year and his since been killing it for the hunters in QLD cup with 3 tries in his last 3 games. I would be shocked if an NRL or SL team doesn’t sign him soon.

Alton Neiyep, Sam Stephenson and Cooper Bai are all very good Australian based players and they all could be playing state of origin U19s for Queensland. Makas Richard is also a star in the Digicel cup at only 19/20 years old he has huge potential.

Edited by NRLandSL

Posted (edited)

Wales team

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

1-Dylan Morgan  
2-George Birch  
3-Oliver Ford
4-Junior Westwood
5-Travis Tennant
6-Ben Lane
7-Adam Whaley
8-Ashton Robinson
9-Finley Yates  
10-Charlie Glover  
11-Jamie Jenkins  
12-Mason Phillips  
13-Hayden Barton

14-Daffyd Morgan  
15-Scott Pritchard
16-Oscar Fisher
17-Oliver Garmston

Very Strong side, a quailty halves pairing with Whalley from Warrington and Ben Lane from St Helens. Hayden Barton is also a great player from the Roosters in Aus.

Edited by NRLandSL

43 minutes ago, NRLandSL said:

PNG somewhat

🇵🇬

1-Makas Richard  
2-    
3-Sam Stephenson  
4-Alton Neiyep  
5-Bruce Bawa  
6-  
7-Felix Beki  
8-  
9-Finley Glare* 
10-  
11-Samuel Wak  
12-Gabriel Kaupa  
13-Cooper Bai

Very hard to find players for this team as PNG doesn’t like documenting players ages. Finley Glare (who is maybe born 2003, not sure) is an incredible talent. He was the junior Kumuls best player against the Australian schoolboys last year and his since been killing it for the hunters in QLD cup with 3 tries in his last 3 games. I would be shocked if an NRL or SL team doesn’t sign him soon.

Alton Neiyep, Sam Stephenson and Cooper Bai are all very good Australian based players and they all could be playing state of origin U19s for Queensland. Makas Richard is also a star in the Digicel cup at only 19/20 years old he has huge potential.

How old is Steven numambo ?

he was in the Canberra raiders youth teams a few years back and now plays for the dolphins.

34 minutes ago, John bird said:

How old is Steven numambo ?

he was in the Canberra raiders youth teams a few years back and now plays for the dolphins.

Born in 2001, I'm only using players born in 2004+. Very good player though hopefully he can get a go for the dolphins in first grade.

5 minutes ago, NRLandSL said:

Born in 2001, I'm only using players born in 2004+. Very good player though hopefully he can get a go for the dolphins in first grade.

Thought he was younger.

he was a standout for the raiders in their age grade sides then totally fell off the radar.

15 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Whatever happened to the European U18s (?) Championship? 🤷🏼

U19s I believe you mean, there was one in 2022. Yeah, but not sure whats happening. Hopefully they haven't scrapped it, it was a cool competition.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, John bird said:

Thought he was younger.

he was a standout for the raiders in their age grade sides then totally fell off the radar.

Yeah I remember him making his NSW cup debut a few years ago but then didn't play NSW cup at all last year. Still going very well though wouldn't say he fell of the radar. He is a quality second grade player.

9 minutes ago, NRLandSL said:

Yeah I remember him making his NSW cup debut a few years ago but then didn't play NSW cup at all last year. Still going very well though wouldn't say he fell of the radar. He is a quality second grade player.

Maybe he was injured.

The hunters have a few good young players as well as a couple more kumuls playing for Aussie based Queensland cup sides.

40 minutes ago, NRLandSL said:

U19s I believe you mean, there was one in 2022. Yeah, but not sure whats happening. Hopefully they haven't scrapped it, it was a cool competition.

I wasn’t sure which age group it was. I get that covid halted it but it needs resurrecting and, for me, at a slightly younger age group.