NRL SUPERCOACH 2016 League .SUPERCOACH SEASON 2016 COMPLETED. Final Positions and Premiers Results James - key ring winner

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well what an exciting weekend of results that was.

Our full season Total Points competition now has just one week to run, with some great scores being added.

There's no doubting the H2H comp has brought kept the focus sharp for those still in the comps at this stage.

Let's have a look at this week's scores for the penultimate time:

Supercoach%20Ladder%20R25%20Points%20201

Four of us managed to get more than 1300 points, with Peter top scoring on 1,363 points. Steven (1349), Graham (1347) and Thatcham Rabbitoh's David (1323) were the others.

In a season of increasing skill, 16 out of 20 of us scored over 1,000 points. Significant progress, congratulations all round.

James now looks secure at the top with a 400+ buffer and just one week remaining. Steven, I and others have tried to put the pressure on, but James has held us off.

Who knows though...?

One week to go with final places up for grabs., for example 7th, 8th and 8th between David, David and Boris is very close and will go down to the wire

Good luck to all.

Now on to our H2H Finals Week 3 results.

Finals%20Wk%203%202016_zpsurytt46r.jpg

What an exciting week that proved, especially for me. I thought I'd just squeezed Steven out. Ah no, it was not to be, for after the points were reviewed and adjusted I was pipped at the post! Drat!!! Well done, Steven you have deserved your GF place. I really enjoyed following our weekend battle as it unfolded.

So Steven has one of the two all important Grand Final berths for 2016.

G and James fought out the other semi final (as i call them). It was James who prevailed and takes the other Grand Final spot later this week.

Hard luck G, like me... so near and yet so far ... :biggrin:

Well done to both James and Steven who have had fantastic seasons and are worthy finalists.

The H2H Minor Premiership Grand Finalists have also been decided.

Finals%20Wk%203%20Minor%20Prem%20results

That GF will be between David (Thatcham Rabbitohs) and James. Congratulations to both of you.

Hard luck Boris and Leslie who bow out at this stage after having a great run.

So this coming weekend (R26) is the last week of this Supercoach 2016 Season.

Anybody with trades left has one final opportunity to tweak their sides, which sounds painful but may just make an important little difference.

Anybody with more than two trades left? Maybe you missed an opportunity earlier on, or maybe you just have a good settled squad and a steady nerve that stood you in good stead.

Here's to great Grand Finals and the culmination of our Points Comp.

Have a great week and good luck.

Enjoy your Rugby League,

Graham  B)

How quick was that?

The TotalRL Supercoach Competition 2016 is over.

We've had the final week in which we saw the final totals in our Total Points Competition settled resulting in our overall Final Positions.

Here then is the Total Points Ladder for the completed season showing our final positions:

Supercoach%20Ladder%20R26%20Points%20201

Special mention must be given here to James and his Flat Capper Select team who is our 2016 TotalRugbyLeague Supercoach Champion Points Scorer. James and his Flat Capper Select team not only won our competition, but came a staggering 202nd overall in the whole NRL Supercoach Competition.

Just to be clear, James came 202nd out of 132,561 entrants in total. That is a significant achievement.

Congratulations James and your Flat Capper Select on a superb achievement in a great season.

Very close on James' heels was Steven and his Mighty Bulldogs who again did extremely well with his total score gaining him position 1,236th out of the 132,561 entrants.

In third place was Graham and his Melbourne Rovers in 2,049th place overall.

These are extremely good results in a very competitive and challenging season both in our ladder with which we are primarily concerned and overall.

Top scorer in our final week of the 2016 Supercoach Season 2016 was Graham and Melbourne Rovers scoring 1,327 points

14 out of our twenty teams scored over 1,000 points in Round 26 with every team scoring over 900 points. Well done all.

There are a number of members of our league for whom this is their first NRL Supercoach season.

What a steep learning curve some have been on. Well done all for both your tenacity and your improvements.

Please record your own achievements and views here without worrying about being either too modest or reserved.

We really would like to read your comments and feelings about the season and your experience in our comp.

Now let's move on to the culmination of our Head2Head competition which reached its own final matches in Round 26

With a flourish and a fanfare, here's the Grand Final scores which produced our TotatlRugbyLeague Supercoach Head2Head Premiers:

Supercoach%20Premiers%202016_zps8n2sivi1

Our H2H Premiers are Flat Capper Select (James) after a long hard fought season.

So, as it happened out top two points scorers eventually met in the H2H finals - James and Steven

That disguises the fact that there were very close battles for them all the way to get to the final.

Well done to all the teams who got into the 2016 Finales:

G (never have found out G's name) finished top of our regular H2H season ladder

James

Steven

Graham

Andrew

Peter

Logan

Simon

Now to complete this week's and season's results round up here's the  result of our Minor Premiers H2H knockoutcomp that was between the teams who finished in positions 9 to 16 in our H2H regular season.

Supercoach%20Head2Head%20Finals%20Wk%201

Well done to all who qualified for this Minor Premiership comp:

Boris

David

Leslie

David

James

Andres

David

Farmduck

It was David and his Thatcham Rabbits together with James and his McKnight's Marvels who made the final, and then James who prevailed in the end.

Thank you to everyone who took part in this hugely enjoyable and extremely comptetitive season.

The intention is to run it again next season.

Let's hope everyone meets here on this forum again for that before NRL Supercoach 2017 Season Starts and joins in our TotalRugbyLeague SC Competitions again.

Congratulations again to all our winners.

Enjoy your Rugby League

All the best,

Graham

Firstly congratulations to James and his Flat Capper Select on his excellent victory. Secondly big thanks to Graham for the updates every week.

I was pleased with my overall position. Croker, Barba and Bonanza (Cartwright) were constants in my team. Some weeks I would be up against teams and wonder how did they get that lot under the salary cap.Next season no exhibition game players will be selected so that will probably exclude the T Brothers. Finally l would like to see the double points for captain removed.

Well played everyone.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Firstly a big thanks to Graham for setting up and administrating the TotalRL 2016 Supercoach season. It's very much appreciated.

I can't believe the success I've had at SC this year. I'd like to say it's all down to my genius, but as with any fantasy sports game a fair sprinkling of luck is needed as well.

If anybody is interested, I could provide a few thoughts on the methodology I used this year.

Oh, and thanks to Irish Saint for the kind words as well. I noticed you came on very strong in the second half of the season. Good luck for next year!

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

Congrats to Flat Cappers, who I didn't realise was RE.

My first SC season so I was basically just clicking on buttons to see what would happen. Yes. I know these things come with instructions but what fun would that be? I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't realise until about Round 22 that the 4 reserves would come up in blue (? was it blue?) when you selected them. Up till then I would just keep clicking until the error msg - haven't picked all your bench - stopped coming up.

I was starting to feel like the Kiss of Death for some of my players - Segeyaro, Foran, Corey Norman and a few others didn't see out the season.

I was also amazed at how the points system is calculated. I originally picked Ayshford as a cheap squad filler when I was running out of money but his points tally was ridiculously high some weeks for a player who wouldn't even make most real NRL teams.

One thing I found annoying was the lack of flexibility with some players - you could pick them at 6 but not 7, for example. I could even pick Corey Norman at FB but not 7. I couldn't pick Peter Wallace at 9.

If you have dual position players in both positions that link to each other then you can swap between them.

eg FLB & CTW player you can swap him from Centre FLB as long as your current FLB is also FLB & CTW as he needs to be able to go into the position you want him to.

I had a team that I struggled to improve by the end. It was full of good points scoring players all over the pitch.

The limiting factor for me was largely my choice of captain, especially during the middle of the season which turned out to be mistaken too often.

I did better by the end when a touch more reliability and predictability of top scorers crept in.

My suggestion for the most frustrating player of the season is Anthony Milford.

For a player who quickly amassed a lot of points he then fell off a cliff but then annoyingly got good scores unpredictably!

Graham only time i've seen Featherstone in last few years was on Sky last year's summer bash and this year at home to Leeds. This one bloke sticks in my mind wearing a chequered flat-cap,. Was it you or James :-)

Rugby League journal always has an article about Featherstone's glory days.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Graham only time i've seen Featherstone in last few years was on Sky last year's summer bash and this year at home to Leeds. This one bloke sticks in my mind wearing a chequered flat-cap,. Was it you or James :-)

Rugby League journal always has an article about Featherstone's glory days.

Saint, it wouldn't have been myself wearing the flat cap, a simple baseball cap is my headwear of choice on a matchday.

Featherstone Rovers has a long and proud history. Before the advent of SL we were a top flight club always punching well above our weight with a conveyor belt of local talent in the first team. London took Fevs place in that first SL season by being artificially promoted above them.

Sadly We have never gained promotion although there have been 2 or 3 close calls along the way. Our best shot was 3 years ago but we managed to upset Daryl Powell and he left for Cas and a boardroom squabble meant the irratic Mr Nahaboo left leaving the club in a financial mess from which we are still trying to keep our head above water.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

James wins again!

By finishing 202nd overall James (Flat Capper Select) is one of the top 1,000 NRL Supercoaches who win a key ring to mark their achievement.

I wonder if they will post it to the UK?

Let us know if you get an email about it James.

Here's the details and a photo.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/supercoach/nrl-supercoach-top-1000-score-key-rings-engraved-with-rank/news-story/0501c897d730dfb26bb7c053a4a08c58

James wins again!

By finishing 202nd overall James (Flat Capper Select) is one of the top 1,000 NRL Supercoaches who win a key ring to mark their achievement.

I wonder if they will post it to the UK?

Let us know if you get an email about it James.

Here's the details and a photo.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/supercoach/nrl-supercoach-top-1000-score-key-rings-engraved-with-rank/news-story/0501c897d730dfb26bb7c053a4a08c58

Yeah, I got an email last week which I returned. I have no idea if they are prepared to post the key ring 12,000 miles, time will tell.

When I get a chance I will post a few notes on how I structured my season. It served me well but who knows if it will transfer to next season.

Archived