Can SL afford to keep our best?

“The cap in Australia could go up to STG10 million ($A20.31 million) and that could blow our game apart. There are no ifs and buts, it’s a scary time for our game,” Harrison said.

Cap to £10M?????  Maybe £5M in about 2020, most likely less. This year it's £3.34M

Confusing figures but none the less, big bucks.

The 15 and 16 year olds focus comment made me curious. I know schools kids can get into schools such as Keebra Park, and probably others, but have to pay. Are they to be targeted or is it Agent guff?

NRL clubs can't sign anyone under 16 but, generally, they want to get them young and get their diet and training regime right. Putting an English kid through a Gold Coast high school is no more expensive than doing the same with a Kiwi, Fijian or West Australian.

Even so, I doubt that part of the article. The NYC already produces more than enough players and only a small percentage will ever play 50 NRL games. Look at Denny Solomona and Anthony Gelling. They weren't offered NRL contracts when they came through the NYC.

Can SL afford to keep our best?

No because the SC is too low and no one wants to change it or discuss it properly!

When the Aussies pick all the best what would there be for us to watch at the top level?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived