Hornets given another thumping.

White Knight

Great performance and it was great to see the supporters get behind the team in the second half with our York and we're proud of it.Hope that more people from York will turn up next week against Hunslet and get behind the team.To those supporters who won't go to home games till JG leaves the club,you need to wake up and smell the coffee and start gettiing down to Bootham Crescent and start supporting the team not JG.

By paying my entry I'm supporting Guildford. I still support the lads and have enjoyed seeing the team do well but will continue to refuse to go until he's gone. That's my opinion and it won't change so I don't need to 'wake up and smell the coffee' thank you very much.

Anyway we are getting into another debate about Guildford. Well done to the team and I hope they beat Hunslet next week.

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

Chose yesterday for my annual visit to watch York City Knights, my last game in the city being a trip to Heworth to take in the Newcastle Thunder game last season.

Had hoped for a much closer game, Rochdale were very disappointing, particularly in the 1st half. Talking to a Rochdale fan walking back to the station after the game, the players had been given the week off before the match, a strategy that obviously backfired. That said I thought York won the game in the halves, Nicklas and Presley were standout players, and I was impressed as I had been at Heworth with Jack Aldous.

I enjoyed the passionate support of the home fans, although I thought the top of the table clash might have attracted a few more stay aways.

This was the 1st RL game I have been to at Bootham Crescent, I will definately come back, hopefully before the end of the season.

Incidentally, the 1st time I went to Bootham Crescent was in September 1969 to see my hometown team Scunthorpe United lose 3-2 to York City, Kevin Keegan scored both Scunthorpe's goals.

Just as an aside, are the balls booted out of the ground ever retrieved?

Anyway, best of luck for the remaining fixtures, looking forward to my next visit when I have accumulated enough money to be able to spend an hour or so in the York Tap before the train home ( I know there are other pubs available, it's just so annoyingly convenient, and the beer is always in great condition )

Dear Les  Thank you for this interesting post. I've said before on here that I do not understand Twitter or Facebook and I wish that more supporters of our great game and York in particular do not post anymore.

Archived