NRL Membership Tracker

Was just discussing this with a mate of mine over the phone.

Afl memberships are more expensive. As for the economy i dont think there is much difference between Melbourne and Sydney. The main difference is cultural Melbourne people have a tradition to help and sign up for their clubs whilst in Sydney they dont have this emphasis on signing up as a member.

So well said/noticed with the following Melbourne Storm have a lot of competion via AFL clubs for peoples dollar whilst broncos dont have this all they have are the weak AFL side Brisbane Lions.I dont think i have fielded you're questions too well im on my phone when im on my work comp il go more in depth.

But to sum up the storm are well respected from sports fans down here and have built a great identity. I mean it when i say we could turn into the Manchester United of Rugby League.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AFL memberships are slightly more expensive for example some categories go as high as 780 dollars even more.It all depends on category of membership i guess.

I got my Melbourne Storm membership for $ 210 general admission. I believe AFL general admission with last years premiers for home games are 215 for home and away $340 western bulldogs fc that is.

So to all who underestimate the popularity of our great sport Rugby League in Melbourne just think for a a few minutes of all the other clubs from so many sporting codes we compete against and yet we thrive.A lot of people dont understand this we are in the most competetive city there is. So many clubs competing for the hearts and $ of fans.

Says a lot about Rugby League in Melbourne!

We dont get enough credit.

Thanks for your detailed answer(s). I agree, Storm don't get enough credit.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

13,027 as of 11/12/2016 - Another 6,973 to go to get too 20,000 :)

update on all clubs :

http://leagueunlimited.com/news/29340-2017-nrl-club-membership-tracker/

Another 6,973 to go to get too 20,000 :),....... Na we've already past it by 2000 mate  ;) .

Yea very impressive :)

Who would have thought in 1998 that come 2016/17 there would only be one club in nsw with more members then the Melbourne Storm.

There doing very well and long may it continue, In there early days I hated the storm but I now wish them well & see there the real deal off the field as well as on it.

Rabbit How many members all up would be a good result for RL ? Its on 179.000 at the moment.

Would like to see Titans and Cowboys get above 10 thousand and disappointed with the Cronulla total so far expected many more to sign up.

Rabbitohs 33,000

Broncos 33,000

Parramatta 20,000

St Merge 19,000

Warriors 19,000

Storm 18,000

Doggies 18,000

Newcastle 17,000

Wests 12,000

Cronulla 12,000

Penrith 12,000

Raiders 12,000

Cowboys 10,000

GC 10,000

Roosters 10,000

Manly 9,000

= 264000

Is about where each club is at and should be achieving as a base mark. If the popular clubs dominate then those numbers would rise dramatically I believe.

Clubs like Newcastle & Parramatta just need some on field success to get there large fan bases back on deck.

Totally agree Rabbit they are the sleeping giants no doubt about it.

Storm currently on 13,049 as of Monday the 12th of December 2016. The aim before years end should be 13,500 and then from there the club has 6,500 members to get in just over two months until round 1 starts fingers are crossed we can make it to that total would be a huge boost going into round 1 and a difficult first round match up.  

Love your enthusiasm... Are you employed by the club? ;)

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

South Sydney 22927 members as of today, I'll do mine and three family members once Christmas is over.

RL membership really has changed a lot. My grandfather a diehard Rabbitohs man once purchases a house on the eastern side of Anzac parade Randwick (That side of the road is Roosters territory and the good side with fresh air and feeling of success belongs to Souths), Anyway because his new address was not in South Sydney territory he couldn't be a member of the club believe it or not so he used his mates address in Mascot to get around it. It's little wonder the Sydney clubs had money problems back in those days with logic like that.

updated membership tracker : 

http://leagueunlimited.com/news/29340-2017-nrl-club-membership-tracker/

Storm on 13,989 not far off Parra about 225 off.

Sharks have just over 4 thous more members then this time last year. Still 6 clubs under 10,000 members which is disappointing 5 of those should get over 10 thousand by end of Jan 2017. Gold Coast 4 thousand more members then this time last year which is impressive even though they only have 7,065 members and that hasn't moved off that number for about a month now. 

all up : 189,768 members have signed up. Very impressive numbers Rugby League in Australia looking very healthy. I hope 275,000 in total will sign up before round 1. 

Archived