NRL Membership Tracker

Fantastic news storm have cracked 14,000 thou by end of 2016, currently on 14,082 very good total so far a few more by years end would help. 

Overall 20,000 is very get-able and what a achievement that would be for league in Victoria. League has a very solid foothold now in Melbourne and it can only get better from here. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are "members" what we'd call Season Ticket Holders over here?

Yes but there broken down into different packages to suit peoples needs, So gold membership = every home game down to three game membership for people who might live out of state and are only able to attend a couple of games all year.  My wife gets a regional membership package (5 games) due to us living 400km from Sydney these days and her having to work some weekends. So basically there is a package available to suit most supporters.

Yes but there broken down into different packages to suit peoples needs, So gold membership = every home game down to three game membership for people who might live out of state and are only able to attend a couple of games all year. My wife gets a regional membership package (5 games) due to us living 400km from Sydney these days and her having to work some weekends. So basically there is a package available to suit most supporters.

You can also get an international membership at some clubs. Were you don't get any games but get a members pack and a magazine throughout the year. Which I think is something the English clubs miss out on as there will be lots of fans who just can't get to the ground but still want to support the club.

Melbourne Storm at 14,150 at 3rd of January 2017. I believe these numbers will dry up in January after everyone's Xmas spending and then rise again quicker in February as the season nears. Hopefully some momentum is kept in January and the tally can hit 15,000 by the end of this month. 

South Sydney the club who Murdoch/ News Ltd seen as surplus to demand are closing in on 25000 members as of yesterday. We'll likely be around 32000 by season start.

Disappointing to see Cronulla Sharks with only 9,953 members considering how well they played last year. Hopefully they can lift that too 12,000 before the start of Round 1.

Only four sides are under the total they had this time last year that been : South Sydney, Canterbury, Dragons and the Cowboys in total about 5,000 members are missing there. 

Would expect Gold Coast to be the only side that remain under 10,000 members they should be aiming for 9,000.

Graham i've course they would.

Interesting to note Gold Coast membership tally hasn't moved off 7.065 in Months. 

The Storm's numbers are drying up, up to 14,243.

Only have Newcastle,Manly,Penrtih,Cowboys who are below 10 thousand, they should all eventually get 10,000 + easily. 

Gold Coast would be lucky to get 7,066 the way there going.

I don't understand why the RFL or NRL don't have a membership option.

Say 5, 10 and 15 fixture options as well as discount on Challenge Cup and International.

Member can nominate to attend any match of the season coming out of their allocation. A seat/s are then booked at the match by the NRL/RFL at which point the home club get a commission from the purchased membership.

Backed up by a single ticketing partner, this is a no brainier option that is being clearly neglected.

I found a basic membership for Sharks called General Admission

• 2017 Member pack including your choice of a cap, beanie or scarf as your main pack item
  • Access to all 12 home games at Southern Cross Group Stadium
  • Merchandise voucher (Adult – $30, Concession – $15, Junior – $10)
  • Additional Member benefits
  • Cost: $189 (which is is currently about £155)
  • 2017 Member pack including your choice of a cap, beanie or scarf as your main pack item
  • Access to all 12 home games at Southern Cross Group Stadium
  • Merchandise voucher (Adult – $30, Concession – $15, Junior – $10)
  • Additional Member benefits

Wests have a fairly complicated range. You can get any combination of:

- 4 games at Leichhardt

- 4 games at Campbelltown

- 4 games at ANZ

Plus whatever reciprocal deals they do with the other ANZ-based clubs, Souths and Doggies.

• 2 weeks later...

Great news for the Storm at just over 15,000 members with a month to go until the start of the season.

With Storm playing the first 2 games away you would have to say that before that first game the club should be expecting 17,000 members to have been signed up, 20,000 target is looking likely. 

• 2 weeks later...

Storm held there family day yesterday and with that managed to go past 16,000 members with the total currently at 16,013.

Very impressive total so far and im sure the Storm will be trying to get 17,000 before that first game against Canterbury. 

I see even with the usual premiership band wagoners on board cronulla are still only able to attract very low membership numbers 11,000 odd. God help them when they revert back to there old ways again. I Can't wait till Wigan show them who's the real Champs are this weekend ;)..

Archived