NRL SUPERCOACH 2017 TotalRLSCLeague17 FINAL POSITIONS ...TOTAL POINTS and HEAD2HEAD Chat Here; 2018 EARLY CHAT/NEWS

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delighted with my score this week. However, this coming week what with byes and origin I have 7 players starting!

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

1 minute ago, Graham said:

Feast and famine? :ohmy::biggrin:

Ah but the "upside" Sniffer Proctor to make his day-boo.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Wow, what a week. This has been the best overall week for scores ever since we started this competition on our forum.

18 out of 20 of us scored 1,000+ points.

That is amazing!

Let's just pause a moment and let that sink in...

Congratulations to all concerned.

I'll temper that myself saying that although i got over 1,000 points I got way below my predicted total before the round started.

Still in the see-saw  situation of this season that seemed to mean that  folk with a differently built squads cashed in.

Let's have a look at the points we got by looking first at the H2H fixtures for R14 as they are easier to see in this image:

593fa62d741f3_R14H2HGames.jpg.6b713b8c7911c1033126d4dc1a32ba91.jpg

So, our top scorer this week with a magnificent 1245 was Matt and his Gorbag Shagrats. Also mentioned in dispatches is David and his Thatcham Rabbitohs, the other team to top 1200 points (1215).

Take a bow everybody else the full length of our ladder with 1100+ and 1000+ scores, you are too numerous to mention but know who you are!

Here's our Points Total ladder after this bumper week of scores:

593fa647ad768_PointsAfterRound14.thumb.jpg.ffca5a22283d77a6cb562817b947f52e.jpg

By looking again at our H2H fixture list you can see that because of the generally high scores some teams with possibly their highest scores of the season may have lost their H2H tussles. Hard luck if that's the case.

Let's see what the reults of those fixtures have done to our Head2Head ladder for the season so far:

593fa863ce148_H2HR14SC.thumb.jpg.0b50e5a0978215cd45971c990e318efa.jpg

Not sure if it is unusual but the top five are the same in both ladders.

Congratulations if you have moved up this week.

Let us know how it went for you.

The course of true Supercoach never runs smooth, so the quickly approaching R15 is a big bye round and after the feast it may prove to be more of a famine, unless you have already built in some damage limitation or can do with the four trades available.

Good luck then.

We are now half way through the SC season - remember it only runs to R26. 

It would be interesting to look back at your progress or lack of it so far and share your thoughts with us.

How important choosing the right captain is! It helps too if you can avoid player injuries.

Your views and reviews are welcome.

Enjoy your Rugby League

Cheers,

Graham

Some good scores all round this week.  My first green arrows for a while so all is good in the world ?

I'll be fielding a full 17 this round and it's now or never for Flat Capper Select to make a push for a top 1000 finish.

Milford has become Widdop, Lolohea finally clears Pythian out of my fullback slot and Laybutt replaces the useless Frawley to become my first "nuff" of the year.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

Now have just tried to trim my squad. I have 4 players haven't played all season. It is my own fault for not getting rid of them at the start of the season. So as personnel wise I am in a bit of diffs  this week. I tried to transfer 4 out and only bring 2 in. Sadly  it wouldn't allow this....damn.

Souths R 15

Aaron Gray out/ Braidon Burns in.

South Sydney have made one early change to their squad to take on the Gold Coast Titans in Round 15 of the Telstra Premiership at ANZ Stadium on Friday night.

Aaron Gray has been replaced on the wing by Braidon Burns. Burns returns to the starting side after last appearing in Round 7 against the Bulldogs. He is set to play his sixth NRL match for the Rabbitohs.

For the Titans, Ben Nakubuwai and Jamal Fogarty drop out of the initial 21-man squad named on Tuesday.

Firstly, congratulations to the two Featherstone boys on their scores this week.

Proud of my victory but pure luck as my opponent, had fewer players on the pitch than me.

Indeed, like me others had low scoring victories this week, whilst others were defeated in high scoring matches.

Well from feast to famine in one week.

Last week week had such a bumper comp all round. This week quite a number have come to ground with a bump.

Coping with the first bye seemed ok for a fair number of us, but this big  second bye coupled with Origin players sitting it out must have devastated a large number of teams by looking at the scores.

Well done then to those who got 1,000+ points. Top scorer with 1213 points was me. All the pieces fell into place again.I could have done better with Sam Burgess and an even better captain choice. I'm not comlaining though. Second came James and his well named Flat Capper Select on 1,186. Third highest total in the scoring this week was league leading David and his Anley Sea Eagles with a very respectable 1,018.

If it's any consolation, that was by far the toughest week yet.

Here's the Points Total ladder after the R15 points have been added in:

5947abb9b1be0_PointsAfterRound15.thumb.jpg.3b4aa1084ad87e2c07cf2d8ce5ac85af.jpg

Remember if you want to see the detail of the ladder more clearly, click on it to see it bigger.

Now here's the Head to Head matches.

Some pretty dramatic results:

5947abbc7c71b_R15H2HGames.jpg.4ec9147e4473e51f890d86aefa27d601.jpg

Closest call was the 47 point victory of Jack (Spirit Squad) over James and his McKnight's Marvels. James and Jack are currently fighting over 4th and 5th spots in the ladder. Take it as a bonus if you got a low score and still won!

Here's the H2H ladder then after Round 15:

5947abc01c15b_H2HR15SC.thumb.jpg.908b6e72ae43ac02623e24fad02e0b56.jpg

Round 16 isn't quite a clear round as just two NRL clubs are sitting it out: Eels and Rabbitohs.

Let's hope that our high scorers and guns come through this Wednesday's Origin 2 game unscathed and feel good enough to back up at the weekend for us.

Good luck and best wishes,

Graham

Cameron Smith, Billy Slater and Cooper Cronk will all miss Melbourne's Round 16 clash with the Roosters at Adelaide Oval after pulling up sore from the second match of the Holden State of Origin series.

‌Will Chambers was concussed in the second half and won't back up either, however prop Tim Glasby came through the encounter unscathed and will take his place on Saturday night.

It's likely that Brandon Smith, Slade Griffin and Brodie Croft will all be added to the Storm 17 after being named in their extended squad on Tuesday. Jahrome Hughes could also be in line for his Storm debut.

The updated Storm 19-man squad will be announced at 7.30pm (AEST) on Friday

Cowboys halfback Johnathan Thurston and Roosters back-rower Boyd Cordner will both miss their sides' respective Round 16 fixtures due to injury.

With both club captains sustaining injuries in Origin II, their clubs have opted to rest their representative stars.

tel.nrl&sz=3x3&cust_params=keyword%3Dsportsbetnrldesktop&c=1498119950189

‌Thurston picked up a shoulder complaint in Queensland's victory on Wednesday night, and had scans on Thursday to determine the severity of the injury.

While those scan results aren't available at this stage, Cowboys coach Paul Green made the decision to omit Thurston from his gameday squad in what would have been the No.7's 300th NRL appearance.

‌NSW skipper Cordner was troubled by a calf complaint in the same game, and hasn't travelled to Adelaide to face the Storm on Saturday night.

It's unknown how many weeks both players will sit out at this stage.

Both Thurston and Cordner's replacements will be named 24 hours prior to kick-off in each game, with the final 17 for each side confirmed an hour before kick-off.

8 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

Cameron Smith, Billy Slater and Cooper Cronk will all miss Melbourne's Round 16 clash with the Roosters at Adelaide Oval after pulling up sore from the second match of the Holden State of Origin series.

‌Will Chambers was concussed in the second half and won't back up either, however prop Tim Glasby came through the encounter unscathed and will take his place on Saturday night.

It's likely that Brandon Smith, Slade Griffin and Brodie Croft will all be added to the Storm 17 after being named in their extended squad on Tuesday. Jahrome Hughes could also be in line for his Storm debut.

The updated Storm 19-man squad will be announced at 7.30pm (AEST) on Friday

Thanks for that irish Saint

I traded Will Chambers out this week, and haven't got any of the others.

That will be a tough game for Storm on the road 

Origin 2 has played havoc  with injuries and resting aplenty.

Here's a round up which might upset a few Cupercoaches.I've included the ones already posted by Irish Saint here and elsewhere for completion sake:

* The Storm have confirmed Cameron Smith, Billy Slater, Cooper Cronk (soreness) and Will Chambers (concussion) won’t back up following a brutal Origin fixture.

* The Tigers have been dealt a blow ahead of Friday night’s clash against the Gold Coast Titans with star fullback James Tedesco ruled out with an ankle injury which apparently won't keep him out too long.

Skipper Aaron Woods will play.

Kevin Naiqama will revert to fullback.

* Elsewhere, Maroons star Johnathan Thurston has played down his shoulder injury but is in serious doubt for the Cowboys’ clash against the Panthers.

On Thursday morning, Thurston said his shoulder felt better than what it did after the match and that it was only a ‘cork’.

“I’ve got a good range (of movement), so that’s a positive sign,” Thurston said.

“I’ll reassess when I get back (to Townsville) and talk to my medical staff there. If they give me the go-ahead, it should be fine,” he said.

“It’s too early to call (for game three). We’ll just wait and see.”

“Like I said, I trust the medical staff we’ve got. They know my body better than anyone. If they give me the green light, then I’m ready to roll.”

* Darius Boyd is out for six weeks after breaking his thumb in Origin 2 

* For the Bulldogs, their NSW players Brett Morris, David Klemmer and Josh Jackson left ANZ Stadium immediately after the match and headed for accommodation at Sydney Airport. The team flew out on Thursday morning for their Friday night clash against the Warriors. Morris has been ruled out and will not play.

* Blues captain Boyd Cordner (Roosters) finished the game with a calf complaint and will be assessed on Thursday but is looking unlikely.

* Dragons backrower Tyson Frizell aggravated the rib injury he’d been carrying but the extent of the damage is yet to be confirmed. Frizell was named as 19th man for Sunday’s match against the Knights and is at long-odds of backing-up.

I ain't clever enough at this game to get all these big guns on to my team. In fact, I'll rephrase that I ain't clever enough to have any of these big guns on my team.

Indeed I try to avoid origin players altogether apart from Jimmy Maloney whose origin performances have been far better that those for Cronulla this season.

My reason for ignoring origin players well the game is allowed to flow freely i.e. certain laws/rules of the game are virtually ignored leading to injuries.

I've had three of those in my team so far this season: Cam Smith, J Thurston and Will Chambers.

Smith was worth a lot of points, Thurston was OK until injury lowered his level. Chambers has been better than some think and has been a reasonable POD (Player of Difference).

I moved Will on after I saw how badly concussed he looked as he left the field yesterday. I feel he had served his purpose for me.

I'm being careful with trades now, but have a lot in the kitty for when we get past these tricky next few rounds.

2 minutes ago, Graham said:

I've had three of those in my team so far this season: Cam Smith, J Thurston and Will Chambers.

Smith was worth a lot of points, Thurston was OK until injury lowered his level. Chambers has been better than some think and has been a reasonable POD (Player of Difference).

I moved Will on after I saw how badly concussed he looked as he left the field yesterday. I feel he had served his purpose for me.

I'm being careful with trades now, but have a lot in the kitty for when we get past these tricky next few rounds.

I could never make a manager, I am to sentimental to certain players and teams.;)

Archived