Rovers Game

RIGGY

3 minutes ago, RIGGY said:

Another big effort from the lads today but a flattering score line against us.

Everyone gone quiet on here recently

Riggy

Tell you what you've got a good footballing side there. They throw the ball about well and had my team on the ropes for quite a while.. All you need is a couple more big lads for these early season mud baths. Wait till the grounds harden up and you'll take some scalps believe me.

10 minutes ago, RIGGY said:

Thanks Phil

We were bullied down the middle today but too many penalties in the game 14-11

Your team are getting great plaudits from the Fev fans on our Facebook page.The referee was a new one learning his trade which showed in how many times he stopped the clock. It was nearly 5 o'clock when Handley scored. In anybodies language that his "Fergie time". Good luck hope you chop a few big scalps it might help our cause as well.

Bitterly disappointed with the result today, great game of fast rugby from both sides only ruined by the refs poor decisions ( against both sides) but decisions that proved costly for Swinton. I do not know how Swinton got a team warning, yet three successive penalties were concede by Fev when defending their line in the second half recived no punishment at all. The refs text book interpretation of the play the ball was bordering on insanity, tackled players (on both sides) were penalised for stepping over a player on the ground in order to play the ball..........I thought Fev played the ball really quickly and in the second half their pack got on top which allowed Thackeray to be more influential. Some great defence form both teams, Swinton to absorb what must have been 20 or more tackles before succumbing to the try under the posts that sealed the match for Fev, then two try saving tackles on Robinson by Fev were superb.

Onwards and upwards, the team must learn to be smarter around the play the ball, not concede soft penalties .........I personally would like to see Gore give and inside ball occasionally had he done it today we could have scored on a couple of occasions.

Again team can be proud of their performance today against the best footballing side we have seen so far this season and apart from one stupid incident it was a clean game.

10 hours ago, wayne_r said:

Bitterly disappointed with the result today, great game of fast rugby from both sides only ruined by the refs poor decisions ( against both sides) but decisions that proved costly for Swinton. I do not know how Swinton got a team warning, yet three successive penalties were concede by Fev when defending their line in the second half recived no punishment at all. The refs text book interpretation of the play the ball was bordering on insanity, tackled players (on both sides) were penalised for stepping over a player on the ground in order to play the ball..........I thought Fev played the ball really quickly and in the second half their pack got on top which allowed Thackeray to be more influential. Some great defence form both teams, Swinton to absorb what must have been 20 or more tackles before succumbing to the try under the posts that sealed the match for Fev, then two try saving tackles on Robinson by Fev were superb.

Onwards and upwards, the team must learn to be smarter around the play the ball, not concede soft penalties .........I personally would like to see Gore give and inside ball occasionally had he done it today we could have scored on a couple of occasions.

Again team can be proud of their performance today against the best footballing side we have seen so far this season and apart from one stupid incident it was a clean game.

Nice to read you think that we are the best footballing side you've played considering you played London recently. However if it's any consolation that's what many Fev fans are saying about Swinton especially in the first half when you were unfortunate not to go in with a bigger advantage at half time. Only Fevs last ditch tackling in that half saved us the game.

Hi Phil, As I said Fev moved the ball around well, especially quick at the play the ball, when your forwards got on top Thackeray became increasingly influential and as several people have noted the defence kept Rovers in the game at half time.  Also the Rovers fan sat in the stand near me seemed knowledgeable and fair minded. The Swinton team are still learning their craft I think and I hope when they get the next win the team will go from strength to strength. I look forward to the return match.

2 hours ago, wayne_r said:

Hi Phil, As I said Fev moved the ball around well, especially quick at the play the ball, when your forwards got on top Thackeray became increasingly influential and as several people have noted the defence kept Rovers in the game at half time.  Also the Rovers fan sat in the stand near me seemed knowledgeable and fair minded. The Swinton team are still learning their craft I think and I hope when they get the next win the team will go from strength to strength. I look forward to the return match.

Hi Wayne The best compliment I can give Swinton is that they throw the ball about like Leigh with few mistakes. That's not saying you are as good as Leigh (yet). If you had some big ugly forwards you would be the complete team. You've lost games in my estimation because we are still in the grip of winter.We almost came a cropper against Oldham at Fev cos they came with the type of forwards to do the job. When the grounds dry out I think your team will pick off some big scalps.

On 2/26/2017 at 9:00 PM, RIGGY said:

Another big effort from the lads today but a flattering score line against us.

Everyone gone quiet on here recently

Riggy

Must agree Riggy - since Facebook and Twitter have taken over the Clubs + Fans topics this forum does get neglected

Archived