Hello From Toronto

Kayakman

Hey Coventry Bears fans just saying 'Hello ' from the Great White North.  Looking forward to hosting you for the game on Saturday...long range weather forecast looks good. 

I know some of you will be coming over with your team but I've got to warn you in that:

1) Its been a long cold winter and I know you've just woken up and are a little groggy, (I've already seen 3 bears in the bush this spring and they did survive the winter very well but boy did they look hungry; they actually just shot and killed a black bear in Toronto last week for scavenging...don't know if this is a good sign for you guys for the game!),

2) You are also very hungry and will eat anything in sight to try to put on weight...

Soooo..you better be on top of your game over here, drinking lots of our 'craft beer' to clear your heads and eating large amounts of food to fill your bellies.

All joking aside, there should be a large crowd and the 'Wolfpack' be running full tilt; better bring your 'A' game.

All the best and looking forward to the game!  The "Pack"has officially caught your scent and notified the Alpha Team Leader of your presence.

"Nothing, and I mean nothing, runs like a timber wolf!"

IMG_9334.jpg

Just now, deluded pom? said:

You are crackers K man, but in a good way. :imsohappy:The Bears won't be much of a match for the Wolfpack unfortunately. Their defence is very leaky and will ship plenty of points at the weekend. Do you need a number?

Yes I need a two numbers but the most important one is not the one you think...I think the Coventry boys will do their very best and bring their A game...we are looking for a battle and some big hits...I know people are saying that we'll beat them by alot but we a forgiving bunch over here as far as Coventry goes...still taught in the schools over here about that terrible bombing in WW2...Canada has a soft spot for Coventry!  So the least important number is the actual score but tell me what you think anyway?  What do you predict?

The BIG number will be attendance...how many do we have to have to finally get to put those Naysayers on board?

No one knows for sure and if they try to tell you they do they are crazy.  It a totally unknown quantity....there is a large walkup gate.

Home opener was roughly 6000 in bad weather.  Second game was around 7000 in good weather but a long weekend in Toronto (its a cultural thing over here and probably kept attendance down).  Coventry is coming on a regular weekend so this is a VERY important test...how many do we need to put into that old insane asylum (yes;  actually at one time was an insane asylum) to pass...and how many to get an A+?

HOW MANY??

"And remember nothing...and I mean nothing...runs like a timberwolf!"

Here is my prediction for the score

Toronto Wolfpack 1 Coventry Bears 0

I have based this prediction after extensive research into history and it seems in every case of the Christians being thrown to the lions it was always 1-0 to the lions

The only difference is in this case its Bears fed to the Wolves.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Just now, Bearman said:

Here is my prediction for the score

Toronto Wolfpack 1 Coventry Bears 0

I have based this prediction after extensive research into history and it seems in every case of the Christians being thrown to the lions it was always 1-0 to the lions

The only difference is in this case its Bears fed to the Wolves.

Hey Bearman...I know you would be wandering on in here...checking things out...sniffing around...just like your namesake!

Your analogy is an interesting one in that you never finished the thought; many of these early Christians, due to their enduring faith and fortitude went on to inspire millions for millenia!

The bear might be fed to the wolves but out of it might come reincarnated in the form of the Mighty Grizzlly!

As you know there are many bears over here (believe it or not my daughter and er boyfriend just came in from a bush walk and they found bear scat all over the place), you might not know that the actual spring bear hunt is currently on in Ontario (I'm sure your players would get a laugh out of this).

Anyone who ever spends alot of time in the bush knows that you NEVER underestimate a bear (especially when she is with a cub, or a solitary male boar)!   You coming over by yourself for this one or are you bringing the wife and kids along?

Guestimate on the crowd?___________________

39 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Hey Bearman...I know you would be wandering on in here...checking things out...sniffing around...just like your namesake!

Your analogy is an interesting one in that you never finished the thought; many of these early Christians, due to their enduring faith and fortitude went on to inspire millions for millenia!

The bear might be fed to the wolves but out of it might come reincarnated in the form of the Mighty Grizzlly!

As you know there are many bears over here (believe it or not my daughter and er boyfriend just came in from a bush walk and they found bear scat all over the place), you might not know that the actual spring bear hunt is currently on in Ontario (I'm sure your players would get a laugh out of this).

Anyone who ever spends alot of time in the bush knows that you NEVER underestimate a bear (especially when she is with a cub, or a solitary male boar)!   You coming over by yourself for this one or are you bringing the wife and kids along?

Guestimate on the crowd?___________________

I'm coming with the team. I asked my wife if she wanted to come but she wants me to take her to Sorrento after the season has finished.

Prediction of crowd...8001

Dont forget Im buying you a beer for your enthusiasm.

Keep on paddlin'

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Just now, Bearman said:

I'm coming with the team. I asked my wife if she wanted to come but she wants me to take her to Sorrento after the season has finished.

Prediction of crowd...8001

Dont forget Im buying you a beer for your enthusiasm.

Keep on paddlin'

I'll be waiting...our scout has returned...enjoy your flight with the guys!

coventry.jpg

Jesus! What chance do the Bears stand? The Wolfpack even have Snoopy signed up. Hey Bearman, do you remember the time Norway beat England at soccer and the commentator reeled off all these English icons (and Maggie Thatcher)? We can do the same when the Wolfpack are finally toppled.

rldfsignature.jpg

Just now, deluded pom? said:

Justin Trudeau, The Dalai Lama, Snoopy, Albert Einstein, Wayne Gretzky, Captain Kirk, Pamela Anderson. Your boys took a Hell of a beating.

We have more...many...many more!  The best one you missed though is Stompin Tom Connors...old time Canadians from the heartland know him, love him and miss him. 

LONG LIVE Stompin Tom Connors; the greatest musician in the history of our great land!

Stompin Tom.jpg

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

We have more...many...many more!  The best one you missed though is Stompin Tom Connors...old time Canadians from the heartland know him, love him and miss him. 

LONG LIVE Stompin Tom Connors; the greatest musician in the history of our great land!

Stompin Tom.jpg

Never heard of him K man. That Captain Kirk makes good albums though.

rldfsignature.jpg

3 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Never heard of him K man. That Captain Kirk makes good albums though.

This guy was Captain Kirks hero...he still speaks fondly of him...worth a look at him singing on 'You Tube' if you want to get a feeling of what it means to be a 'true 'Canadian'; he sums up the spirit of our land.  He has left us now but all Canadians still have great respect for him...unknown outside of our land (he actually wanted it that way for his entire career).

Archived