Summer Bash 2018

ChrisM

I saw something on Twitter about the 2018 Summer Bash being scheduled for the late May bank holiday next year, in Blackpool. Apparently VIP / hospitality packages are already on sale. 

Can anyone confirm this, and when do the next year's fixtures normally come out? My son & I are intending to go, but I'm not booking flights yet until I have some more concrete information. 

Air Transat did packages this year for UK fans coming over here; hopefully they'll start to offer trips the other way next season. Be good to get a few over for that one. 

53 minutes ago, NickWeaver said:

Yes I believe it is the last weekend in May but I haven't been able to see if tickets are on sale yet.

Hopefully the schedule will be out by the end of October after the MPG and the Grand Final are over so the teams in each division are decided.

I recommended on a different thread, that instead of going to the Summer Bash. Toronto & Toulouse should play a game in Montreal, perhaps to test out the market there. The French players would be great in the media to promote the sport.  

I don't think either TWP or TOXIII will bring many fans to the Bash. 

2 minutes ago, ojx said:

I recommended on a different thread, that instead of going to the Summer Bash. Toronto & Toulouse should play a game in Montreal, perhaps to test out the market there. The French players would be great in the media to promote the sport.  

I don't think either TWP or TOXII will bring many fans to the Bash. 

You might be right. I'm thinking of combining it with a trip back to see some family, which I do every few years.

1 hour ago, ojx said:

I don't think either TWP or TOXIII will bring many fans to the Bash. 

I think a lot of UK fans will come out to see the TO derby. Big names on TWP and I expect both teams to be right up there in the top 4 if not to 2 mix for next year, bets way for neutrals to see them play without having to do major travel.

I would expect that TWP will work out a travel package for fans as this will be a great opportunity for local fans to get a gimps of all the teams and the UK RL culture!

I do like your idea of having it in Montreal if they are announced as the next team though, give the locals something to look forward to.

Archived