Catalans Crowds

audois

16 minutes ago, GaryO said:

We all dream Tongy, even your goodself, you may possibly dream of the closed shop scenario, that to me is a nightmare.

I certainly do, but I have neither the finance or the capability to realise them

Anybody can have a dream. A dream is a fantasy.

What rugby league needs is ambition: ambition to grow in all sorts of ways and the willingness to work to achieve it. It grieves me to see the sport held back by self serving small mindedness

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Indeed. 

There are double standards on both sides of this. 

I'm sure there are but not in this case.

The phenomenon known as 'therduntbringmany', is habitually used against against clubs like Catalans, Toulouse and Toronto. 'Therduntbringmany' because of the problem of travelling to the UK from north America or the Mediterranean. Coast of France every other week. A weekend in a post industrial mill town I'm sure has its attractions. Travelling from the UK to these destinations is a once a year experience. It is one of the delights of following rugby league. Going to a Catalan game has been one of the highlights of my sixty years following the game. People look forward to and plan for their visit to perpignan. If you subtract visiting fans a substantial number though they are, Catalans crowds would still arguably(difficult to quantify I know) be better than a good number of super league crowds.

12 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Ta mate. It's in my signature but I appreciate some have it turned off.

http://maxdecimus13.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/what-is-best-system-for-super-league.html

Spoiler alert: The answer is 'it's a very difficult issue.'

Enjoyed reading that, I'm up against it time wise at the moment so I'll comment in more detail later; but I'd say I agreed pretty much 100% with the content of the blog. 

2 hours ago, Frog said:

Straight P & R is my preference. Not changing the system again is more Important though . 

This is of course the whole they've dug for themselves. Even though I think on balance the Super 8s is the least preferable systrm the game will be ridiculed by switching again so early. 

Then there is the issue that I mention I my blog. The tagline 'every minute matters' was indirectly a criticism of licensing. It's hard to see how the RFL will be able to spin that if they return to that system.

4 hours ago, Flagedgetouch said:

Enjoyed reading that, I'm up against it time wise at the moment so I'll comment in more detail later; but I'd say I agreed pretty much 100% with the content of the blog. 

Thanks! I never intended for it to be nearly as long but as I said it's a complicated issue that is too often treated as straight forward.

Archived