Full Credit to the Players

IanC

I feel we should applaud the players in the way they have handled the current financial situation.

This  coming so close to the start of the season could have had a major impact , it seems they have acted in a terrific spirit responding to  a situation which was not of their making  and come out of this with great credit

I wonder if the players have signed 'revised' contracts  which tie's them for the season or on short term basis?

Thank's again to the players for their support

Lets hope for a a great season

I know you lost a couple of players due to the financial situation at hornet's but the rest of the squad have to be applauded for sticking by the club.The way they played on Wednesday night,with enthusiasm and passion considering the turbulence of the last few weeks is a testament of their character. They obviously care about the club and this was heartening to see.It's at times like this that we have to as a sport stick together because we really do need each other.The thought of having no Rochdale,Swinton,Oldham etc is not one I want to think about.I trust I'm not on my own. Rivalry is one thing but we all want the clubs to continue to play against each other.

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:06 PM, IanC said:

I feel we should applaud the players in the way they have handled the current financial situation.

This  coming so close to the start of the season could have had a major impact , it seems they have acted in a terrific spirit responding to  a situation which was not of their making  and come out of this with great credit

I wonder if the players have signed 'revised' contracts  which tie's them for the season or on short term basis?

Thank's again to the players for their support

Lets hope for a a great season

Absolutely! I feared the worst I must admit when I heard the news.

Onwards now.....

45 minutes ago, ormskirknet said:

Absolutely! I feared the worst I must admit when I heard the news.

Onwards now.....

Thank God the worst didn't happen, we need more clubs(preferably British ones) not less.I think the next few years may be make or break for lower league rugby.If the crowds don't improve I fear the worst. The clubs I mentioned in my last post used to attract thousands now it's hundreds, it's worrying.

Archived