NRL 2018 - Round 7 Match Thread

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

62min: Jason Clark scores for Bunnies in his final season there before they show him the traditional Souffs' loyalty and punt him.

Reynolds converts. 42 - 12

Raiders kickoff doesn't go the 10m

73min: Soliola crosses but gets ball stripped.

Commentators saying Smaburger's performance was the best by a middle forward this year. Pity he's probably about to get another 2 weeks off.

WHitehead scores.  Croak converts. 22 - 42

Morning/Evening FD

Next up then is Tigers v Knights from Scully Park.

I've been to Tamworth in Staffordshire, but not Tamworth  NSW.

Here's a brief description I found of this Tamworth today:

A new 11,000-capacity venue has been built at the Scully Park Regional Sporting Precinct, alongside the old venue it replaces. The new Scully Park (formerly known as Oval 2) opened in June 2015 and features a main grandstanding with seating for 700 and lighting.

The capacity has been boosted from about 2500 to 11,000 following a $3.2 million partnership with council, the state government and the Wests Entertainment Group.

The parties overcame staunch opposition from conservationists, motel owners and a handful of prominent footballers, to upgrade the ground 70 metres away from the original version, which has played host to the likes of Andrew Johns, Ellery Hanley and Steve Menzies over the years.

The newly redeveloped venue is already slated to host the 2016 City-Country fixture, and now the plan is to attract Tamworth's first NRL match.

Mark Gasnier reckons the place is a great venue in good condition with a big crowd. He has just tipped Knights!

7 minutes ago, Graham said:

Morning/Evening FD

Next up then is Tigers v Knights from Scully Park.

I've been to Tamworth in Staffordshire, but not Tamworth  NSW.

Here's a brief description I found of this Tamworth today:

Mark Gasnier reckons the place is a great venue in good condition with a big crowd. He has just tipped Knights!

It's one of the coldest places in OZ. It gets down to -10 in winter. It's always been a wealthy town as you can see from the size of the Post Office in what was a small country town back then. Rich wool farmers, mainly.

3 minutes ago, Graham said:

Are those mountains in the background or spoil heaps from mining? Only joking - I think

Beautiful setting.

We call them mulloch heaps but they are hills. That area is called New England, or the New England Tablelands.

Archived