Gary Jordan

Maureen T-k

It’s with great sadness that I’ve found out that another one of our former players as passed away. Gary was brought to Fev by my Dad  for trials and he was signed on. He was a great player and will be sadly missed, I still saw him regularly in the clubhouse on game days. Sincere condolences to his family and friends 

Im Fev and im proud

A great player who scored one of my all time Rover's tries. He caught a drop out near to the halfway/touch then ran diagonally back through most of the opposition to dot the ball down between the sticks without a finger being laid on him. Absolutely joy to watch. 

As a young supporter, Gary was one of my favourites, and one of the three Garys in the Rovers’ backs for a while. I was so keen then, I used to go down to watch training sessions at times. Over 200 appearances and a challenge cup winners’ medal for Rovers, and two appearances for Great Britain puts him well up on the list of Rovers greats.

I have a mental video of him scoring for Great Britain after a passing interchange with Don Fox, but I don’t trust my memory: can anyone confirm that for me?

Archived