12-18 Review

A major review into the challenges and opportunities for the youth game is underway with additional ways for everyone in the sport to share their views.

The 12-18 Review and campaign is headed up by Paul Sculthorpe MBE and facilitated by the Rugby Football League on behalf of all clubs at all levels.

Paul Sculthorpe said: "I encourage all of us with strong views and ideas about the sport at these age groups to get involved.

"Especially players, former players, coaches, parents and volunteers in different roles. Together we can check that all of us are doing everything we can to help young players stay in the sport and reach their potential. I look forward to seeing a big response from across the game."

Links to the consultations are being issued directly to players, club leaders, and volunteers in clubs and in education, and can be accessed via rugby-league.com/yourgame-yoursay.

Contributions are also invited via email using 12-18Review@rfl.co.uk.

Other events and activities are taking place with clubs and Foundations.

Ralph Rimmer, Interim Chief Executive, the Rugby Football League said: "We all care about the sport. We love it. 12-18-year-old players are the future of Rugby League. The 12-18 Review is all about them, so that all young people enjoy their Rugby League in competitions and environments that meet their needs.

"All sports, especially team sports, need to continually flex and innovate. It's one of the largest consultations ever undertaken in the sport and a constructive and collaborative way to look at the issues and opportunities and act on them together."

I wonder how many reviews it takes to realise what a mess the RFL has made of not just the Youth game but the Community game in general.

I will not be fudged by false figures, and I along with others have walked away from the game as years of trying to talk to the robots at the RFL drove people to dispair 

I wish them luck but I for one will not be holding my breath for a credible solution

16 hours ago, Defender1 said:

I wonder how many reviews it takes to realise what a mess the RFL has made of not just the Youth game but the Community game in general.

I will not be fudged by false figures, and I along with others have walked away from the game as years of trying to talk to the robots at the RFL drove people to dispair 

I wish them luck but I for one will not be holding my breath for a credible solution

I can't see much changing, they're only bothered about the elite group of kids and by striving to get that group we've lost a lot of administrators and teams/clubs - There is also far to much red tape in place for any new club to fulfil before a ball is passed, the basic qualification to start a team should be a basic police check.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Archived