Breayley wins Dally M female player award

Brisbane Broncos hooker Brittany Breayley has taken out the 2018 female Dally M player of the year at the awards ceremony in Sydney on Wednesday night.

Breayley becomes the second Queensland player to take out the award.

The Australian Jillaroos representative pipped Warriors hooker Krystal Rota, Roosters winger Taleena Simon and Dragons centre Jess Sergis for the medal, the fourth in the history of the women's game.

The 27-year-old has enjoyed a stellar campaign for the Broncos in the NRL Holden Women's Premiership campaign with three try assists, 61.1 average running metres and 31 tackles per game.

"I'm extremely honoured to be standing here to receive this medal," Breayley told the room.

"I accept this award on behalf of all the girls and can't wait to rip in on the field on Sunday. A huge mention to my family and friends back home, without your support I wouldn't be standing here."

It was the first time the award was judged on the NRLW competition under a new voting system.

Past winners included Simaima Taufa, Kezie Apps and Jenni-Sue Hoepper. 

Archived