Toronto...the next Heartlands?

2 hours ago, Gluedo said:

They have done well at marketing.

What if a Roman Abramovich type wanted to start a Moscow RL team and decided to buy the Wigan team to do it - chicken feed in monetary terms compared to the cost of a EPL team. Would that help or hinder British RL?

Toronto weren't a bought franchise though.  If a moscow team did what Toronto has, absolutely then.

If a team was bought and moved that's something different.  If your Wigan scenario happens then that would depend on the health of the league at the time.  Today I would say that's a bad trade, in 5 years? Who knows!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TboneFromTO said:

Toronto weren't a bought franchise though.  If a moscow team did what Toronto has, absolutely then.

If a team was bought and moved that's something different.  If your Wigan scenario happens then that would depend on the health of the league at the time.  Today I would say that's a bad trade, in 5 years? Who knows!

I don't mean they just move Wigan to Moscow (what a thought!) but they just buy the Wigan players, much like Toronto did to Leigh. 

1 minute ago, Gluedo said:

I don't mean they just move Wigan to Moscow (what a thought!) but they just buy the Wigan players, much like Toronto did to Leigh. 

I say let them try! I'm all for it! Why not ?,

Archived