World Cup for Barrow?

Bearman

Workington council have refused the go ahead for the planned  joint stadium for the Reds and Town.

Could this open the door for Barrow to get some World Cup games?

I for one would love it if the whole Workington plan was transferred en bloc to Barrow.

With vision and commitment it could happen........well thats that dream shattered.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

On 29/06/2019 at 10:52, Bearman said:

With vision and commitment it could happen........well thats that dream shattered.

Good call Ron, the reality is those are indeed the only two attributes needed. 

Sadly rew people have both and are willing to utilise them. My experience is that those who have them, and use them are fighting fires elsewhere. 

David

David Taylor

@750VFR

1 hour ago, UpTheRaiders said:

Unfortunately reading Steve neales comments in the paper that our grounds capacity has been reduced to 3k I can't see us getting a look in 

Is that because of the toilets? 

David Taylor

@750VFR

I'm amazed at only 3k. 

Today there was almost half of that, and plenty of room - with three thousand in on a big home Challenge Cup game against an SL side it would have to be ticketed. 

David Taylor

@750VFR

15 minutes ago, 750VFR said:

I'm amazed at only 3k. 

Today there was almost half of that, and plenty of room - with three thousand in on a big home Challenge Cup game against an SL side it would have to be ticketed. 

Bradford at home may be depending how well they travel

Archived