Widnes too strong second half.

glemiln

Very good first half effort down only 12-6, but perhaps less so second to lose finally 40-12 with another changed side and debutants?   

Widnes (full-time still, I guess) had a point to prove after last week's drubbing and still closer to relegation spot than healthy! 

Only 5 points between 13th & 9th to see who goes down with us - Barrow at the moment - assuming that 2 down isn't changed at the death.

Next Toulouse , one of 3 teams on 26 points..

5 minutes ago, Excolt 1 said:

I was told Widnes players are going part time next season. Last weeks game was probably a backlash so now they will be in the shop window. Anyone heard a rumour no relegation from Championship. 

Oh I hope not or it will be another season of sheer hell.!!! 

3 hours ago, Excolt 1 said:

Anyone heard a rumour no relegation from Championship. 

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/hints-at-more-championship-expansion-clubs-could-merge/

This link concerned speculation of a 16 team Championship restructure to accommodate Ottawa, possibly 2020. It involved one down and three extra teams (2 promoted from League 1, plus Ottawa).  They have been given the green light to be admitted to the RFL and were expected to start in League 1 next season, as were New York , but they now probably join in 2021.

No relegation would open a big Pandora’s box.

Archived