Breakaway Speculation

League Weekly reporting that Championship clubs could be looking to break away from the RFL in a similar way to the SL clubs: https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/paper-talk-hampshire-future-hull-kr-coaching-changes-swap-deal-falls-through/

"Talks have taken place about setting up a new Championship competition away from the control of the RFL, report League Weekly.

Several Championship clubs have been in discussions about potentially following Super League’s lead and wresting control of their own futures to create a new division, according to League Weekly. This would possibly include the likes of Toronto, Ottawa, New York, Bradford, Leigh, Dewsbury and Featherstone."

Talking does not solve anything, action is required, call me cynical if you like but I think it is "pie in the sky". The initial cost in setting it up , the need for a board of directors , possibly new rules and many other obstacles that I cannot think of at the moment, will cost money and plenty of it . Also would the fans buy into this concept. Many competitions have been started, and in years or even months have fallen by the wayside  what is to stop this going the same way. I think not a chance

Archived