Americas Championship to be Held Every Two Years

I don't know where I stand on this. 

For the northern Latin American nations (Mexico through Panama) it is extremely difficult to make a Latin American Championships. Even this year with it in Colombia, by far the closest it's been, there is zero chance for El Salvador to make it over. Mexico have said they are going though which is nice.

To use this as a qualifier for the Americas Championship will mean a number of nations will miss out. Right now it doesn't matter because Mexico and El Salvador are not Affiliate Members. But I see this changing before the next cycle (plus a few more).

I think there eventually needs to be seperate North and South America comps and maybe have the champions play against each other? Or the top two play against each other?

new rise.jpg

4 hours ago, Pulga said:

I don't know where I stand on this. 

For the northern Latin American nations (Mexico through Panama) it is extremely difficult to make a Latin American Championships. Even this year with it in Colombia, by far the closest it's been, there is zero chance for El Salvador to make it over. Mexico have said they are going though which is nice.

To use this as a qualifier for the Americas Championship will mean a number of nations will miss out. Right now it doesn't matter because Mexico and El Salvador are not Affiliate Members. But I see this changing before the next cycle (plus a few more).

I think there eventually needs to be seperate North and South America comps and maybe have the champions play against each other? Or the top two play against each other?

Yes I think this is very much in transition mode but this is the first step. Need to start somewhere 

5 hours ago, Pulga said:

Eventually, yes, that'd be great. For now, the game has to make the best of what it currently has.

But unlike, say, 20 years ago, you really can see it happening one day.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived