GB: Bennett admits he called up Handley over Grace because he was English :/

Scubby

To bring this back to the thread title why fly Handley out to PNG then not even name him in the squad, let alone retain Austin on the wing! It looks like Trueman and Williams aren't going to get any game time on the entire tour either despite Bennett saying last week that everyone would play,  if it wasn't so ridiculous it would be appalling, but this is international RL so pretty much as expected from those supposedly in charge?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

To bring this back to the thread title why fly Handley out to PNG then not even name him in the squad, let alone retain Austin on the wing! It looks like Trueman and Williams aren't going to get any game time on the entire tour either despite Bennett saying last week that everyone would play,  if it wasn't so ridiculous it would be appalling, but this is international RL so pretty much as expected from those supposedly in charge?

gotta hope thats the final nail!

Bennett actually said last week that everybody would get a game vs PNG that hadn't played in the your, as he wouldn't take people away from their family for a month without playing them.

So this squad is either nonsense, or he is senile, or a lying ass-hole. He certainly shouldn't be giving these players a chance to finish on a high because they have lost each game. The others deserve a run.

was just thinking, this whole tour has left me cold.. the last 2 games i have recorded and watched most of it (first NZ game was very early so was always probably going to do that) the last test i didnt even watch the second half on record as I just couldnt put myself through it.. I have little to no interest in the next test so certainly wont be getting up for it, will record but may well not watch.. If it were England I think I would be at least a bit more enthused but I just feel this whole thing has been treated as an utter joke by all involved.. 

Archived