NRL 2020 - Round 1 Match Thread

SUNDAY

Manly Sea Eagles v Melbourne Storm at Lottoland (4.05pm)

Sea Eagles: 1. Tom Trbojevic 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Brad Parker 4. Moses Suli 5. Reuben Garrick 6. Dylan Walker 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Danny Levi 10. Martin Taupau 11. Joel Thompson 12. Curtis Sironen 13. Jake Trbojevic 14. Lachlan Croker 15. Sean Keppie 16. Morgan Boyle 17. Haumole Olakauatu 18. Toafofoa Sipley 19. Brendan Elliot

Players cut: 20. Tevita Funa 21. Zac Saddler

Late mail: Jake Trbojevic and Addin Fonua-Blake were expected to return in Round 2, but have been named to start against the Storm. Tom Trbojevic told The Daily Telegraph that his brother is a certain starter. “I reckon we’ll see him [Jake] out there which will be good, so it’s exciting,” Trbojevic said. “His recovery went really well and his shoulder has pulled up quite well, everyone has done a good job to get him back out there.”

Storm: 1. Ryan Papenhuyzen 2. Suliasi Vunivalu 3. Marion Seve 4. Justin Olam 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Cameron Munster 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Tui Kamikamica 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenneath Bromwich 13. Dale Finucane 14. Harry Grant 15. Tino Faasuamaleaui 16. Max King 17. Tom Eisenhuth 18. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 19. Brenko Lee

Players cut: 20. Ryley Jacks 21. Darryn Schonig

Late mail: Storm prop Nelson Asofa-Solomona could still force his way into the 17 after he was named 18th man as he bids to return from a hamstring injury. “He’s had some hamstring problems so we are not sure if he will play this week,” coach Craig Bellamy said. “He thinks he will be ok but it will be the medical team that make the final decision.” If Asofa-Solomona plays then Max King could drop out of the side and Tui Kamikamica may be pushed back to the bench.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the NRL statement today is just delaying the inevitable. If we get a lot of new corona cases in the next couple of days I think they'll can the season. Meanwhile the Warriors have stayed in Australia and will play next week's "home game" at Gold Coast.

10 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

I think the NRL statement today is just delaying the inevitable. If we get a lot of new corona cases in the next couple of days I think they'll can the season. Meanwhile the Warriors have stayed in Australia and will play next week's "home game" at Gold Coast.

Interestingly, as a collective bargaining agreement, where the players earn a percentage of the sport’s income. Would the players get nothing if the sport is not earning?

Stopped for blood treatment for Finucane. He's just come back on from a bandage job masquerading as a HIA. 2nd blood is supposed to be leave the field.

Vunivalu gets 2 quick tries although the second one was a bit questionable. He was dropping the ball but probably still had it when it touched the ground. 14 minutes left.

Storm 14  Manly 4

Spectacular start. Penalty try to St George on their first tackle. Ravalawa goes 70m to almost score but penalty against Corey Thompson, thus Try.

St George 6 - 0

I can't believe they're letting Elijah Taylor stay in the field. He was clearly knocked unconscious in a head clash, on top of his history of concussions. I've said this before but I want him to retire and I think the club is being negligent by letting him continue.

Archived