Funding ideas in these unique times

The Grinder

I see that the Batley club have started a half time draw (see here: https://bulldogs.mysportstickets.co.uk/events/home/Bulldogs_Raffle_569) fro their none game this coming week.

I wonder if we could set up something similar?

Do other people have fund raising ideas that we could adopt in these unique times?

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

A half time draw? How when we have no games. When we have games we have the Golden Gamble which is a half time draw. If you are asking how we can raise funds during the crisis when we older ones are isolated and crowds  are refused I can only suggest that the club asks for donations until the crisis is over..These could be sent by post showing the account to be credited.  When crisis over  the donations are looked at and a draw is made on the basis of how much has been donated per person based on a  £1 a ticket. Then a draw is made and a prize is issued based on the amount donated. An alternative would be for the club to issue new shares in clubs name. The share holders are given various bonuses including a share amount based on the clubs performance. These ideas would both have no crowds or meetings. The only way to make some money is by communication instead of visits and meetings. 

I've doubled my monthly payment to the Squadbuilder, but I do feel there should be a separate account we could pay into, something like a Lifeline Account? 

A  bit of a back door revenue idea. To keep TV income coming in we all watch the old games that are being shown on television now. If  the audiences are big enough then the contract could be renewed. I've watched every one including games I have seen before. Nice to see Rovers v Toronto again. I know we lost but to get so far was great. Still think that try should have been disallowed when the tackled player grounded the ball and then got up and scored.

Archived