Sign in to follow this  
SSoutherner

For the teachers on here

3 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

why are they not scrapping the 6 week holidays after so much time off? don't tell me the "teachers" haven't used their holiday entitlement? please don't say that- please

I am not a teacher but around here other than those ill the teachers have been setting/marking work and now also delivering online lessons, I assume a lot of them are also trying to care for their own children and home school them as well. I dont believe any teachers have been furloughed and even if they have you still accrue holiday whilst on holiday.

So are you suggesting despite having to pretty much reinvent their profession they should also after 3 months of hell give up their break and teach straight through and into the next academic year ?

Lets see if the politicians give up their summer break first as they have done far less

• Like 1

On 13/06/2020 at 15:31, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

The teaching profession is in real danger of destroying its reputation (and bargaining position) for a long time to come 

Oh dear!

• Like 1

RL1.JPG.6a10be03c5528650e188f078de012540.JPG

17 hours ago, SSoutherner said:

I am not a teacher but around here other than those ill the teachers have been setting/marking work and now also delivering online lessons, I assume a lot of them are also trying to care for their own children and home school them as well. I dont believe any teachers have been furloughed and even if they have you still accrue holiday whilst on holiday.

Hate to burst any bubbles on this but... 

A lot of my friends who I trained with are still teaching but I don't work with or near any of them. This breeds complete honesty when we talk. All of them are working a lot lot less.  E.g. Of a quote - " I could get used to semi retirement '

Believe me I am very much on the professions side for obvious reasons. I just don't believe some teacher' s desire to not return to school is built on a genuine reason. There are plenty of genuine people who need to shield I am sure but when I hear the majority of a school's staff are it is just nonsense

Again, I know many many teachers and lots of them very hard working caring individuals. However not all of them are and I've known many schisters in the profession who'd have a day off at the stubbing of a toenail

I want the genuine ones to receive the praise they deserve and the chancers to get found out. In fact that is a large part of what I actually have to do in my job

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

5 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Hate to burst any bubbles on this but... 

A lot of my friends who I trained with are still teaching but I don't work with or near any of them. This breeds complete honesty when we talk. All of them are working a lot lot less.  E.g. Of a quote - " I could get used to semi retirement '

Believe me I am very much on the professions side for obvious reasons. I just don't believe some teacher' s desire to not return to school is built on a genuine reason. There are plenty of genuine people who need to shield I am sure but when I hear the majority of a school's staff are it is just nonsense

Again, I know many many teachers and lots of them very hard working caring individuals. However not all of them are and I've known many schisters in the profession who'd have a day off at the stubbing of a toenail

I want the genuine ones to receive the praise they deserve and the chancers to get found out. In fact that is a large part of what I actually have to do in my job

Only teacher i know closely is an ex primary dep head who"stepped back" from deputy headship due to her partners mental health issues, she is now a peripatetic special needs teacher in her old primary. She is doing online zoom/skype meeting with her charges daily as well as liaising with the normal class teachers and SLT plus home schooling a parir of twins yr6 and a yr4 daughter and managing her husbands issues (he has retreated from the world and is in many respects like a 4th child)

She is frazzled

11 hours ago, SSoutherner said:

Only teacher i know closely is an ex primary dep head who"stepped back" from deputy headship due to her partners mental health issues, she is now a peripatetic special needs teacher in her old primary. She is doing online zoom/skype meeting with her charges daily as well as liaising with the normal class teachers and SLT plus home schooling a parir of twins yr6 and a yr4 daughter and managing her husbands issues (he has retreated from the world and is in many respects like a 4th child)

She is frazzled

At times its a very tough job