Do British coaches concentrate enough on defence?

53 minutes ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

You say that, but I think @DoubleD has a point here.

For me, NRL defences come up harder than SuperLeague teams do, and apply a lot more pressure. This has been particularly apparent over the last couple of seasons. 

In SuperLeague, teams tend to come up a bit, and then stand off and let teams play on front of the line. It is really infuriating to watch at times, and gives rise to the scenario (myth) where guys in England get "beaten by footwork" in a 1.5m space. If they had kept moving forward as a unit, more often than not, they would make the stop.

I should have added that the NRL is certainly not infallible in this regard though. Viliame's try for Penrith today was a good example of the D standing off and letting a team play. Second rower had time to put a kick in, when he should have been shut down.

1 hour ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

I should have added that the NRL is certainly not infallible in this regard though. Viliame's try for Penrith today was a good example of the D standing off and letting a team play. Second rower had time to put a kick in, when he should have been shut down.

Your arguing with yourself now lad....🤣🤣

Archived