Middle East Africa Rugby League - Four Tiers!

https://www.intrl.sport/news/mea-to-introduce-four-tiers-of-international-competition/

"Middle East Africa Rugby League has reacted to the continued growth of rugby league in the region by announcing that the format for representative games will be designed to accommodate more nations and will include promotion and relegation throughout. The format will allow members to participate in formal competition and progress at their own rate through the ranks."

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

In terms of development, that is ideal. In terms of cost and logistics it is a potential nightmare. Africa is an enormous place and not the transportation network to travel between nations is nothing like what it is in Europe.

I would have though they would start off with neighbouring nations playing against each other in order to keep costs down and then make certain adjustments along the way, until there is enough funding in place to move to the tiered system.

Archived