Sat 11-Sun 12 Sept: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

19 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

Please explain how headbutting has received a zero match tarriff. Thanks for explaining that the officials future appointments may reflect this. That really helps our situation regarding promotion. There is literally no accountability here and please don't pretend that there is. 

I could not care less what the officials future appointments are. 

I've seen the video and it's a ridiculous decision made by officials not competent to officiate such an important game. 

To be fair most teams in league 1 have had poor decisions that have affected results. Doncaster finished 5th because they drew against West Wales 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, LeeF said:

He has been found guilty with a zero match tariff which is different to both “not guilty” and to “NFA”

As to the question about if a Match Official or Officials make a bad error then that will be reflected in future appointment(s) and is on a regular basis

Please defend your statement.

3 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

It's easy to look at one decision but you were the only side to drop points against West Wales. If that hadn't happened you'd have finished 3rd. 

You know what? I can't be bothered arguing this point. Personally I and everyone else at the club are gutted and I wish you your club well 

45 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

Please explain how headbutting has received a zero match tarriff. Thanks for explaining that the officials future appointments may reflect this. That really helps our situation regarding promotion. There is literally no accountability here and please don't pretend that there is. 

I could not care less what the officials future appointments are. 

I've seen the video and it's a ridiculous decision made by officials not competent to officiate such an important game. 

Rob - I’m not and never have been on the MRP so cannot explain what their thinking was. The player has been found guilty though 

There is accountability by any definition. If an error is made there are consequences. I assume the same happens if you get something wrong at work. You cannot prevent things from going wrong. That is life. Mind you the officials have got the decision correct as the player was found guilty by the independent MRP

As for competency that’s a question for whoever made the appointments. I would suggest that the officials are all fully competent. The referee is definitely an experienced official and has done many professional games. Again I would reiterate that the player has been found guilty by the independent MRP

I know you won’t like or even probably begin to accept that there is another view but hey that’s the passion of supporting a team (my team wasn’t involved in your match)

One last thing. I assume that some of your players made errors yesterday like dropping the ball or missing tackles? Does that make them “incompetent” and incapable of playing in such a game? 

37 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

Please defend your statement.

Why defend a statement that is factually accurate? My response, probably the one above, answers your first question very politely but if this is your attitude then I do wonder why. 

And just in case you are still in doubt I am not and never have been a member of the MRP or any other aspect of the Disciplinary. I probably never will be. I do though read the decisions in full

Finally, I think you are being unreasonable beyond belief so will not post any further. Not because I’m hiding but because you aren’t being rational by any measure

Archived