Newcastle away.

Peter Winthorpe

1 hour ago, Unicorn 106 said:

If you are a proper Townie you can, we wanted to play in a higher league and that's where we are. Most of us will be happy to welcome Widnes and Leigh in the next couple of weeks rather than some of the championship 1 dregs. Let's just appreciate it while it lasts. Can understand the floating fans staying away, they aren't bothered about the quality of the opposition, they just want to watch a winning team. Town aren't just for Christmas. 

1 hour ago, Unicorn 106 said:

If you are a proper Townie you can, we wanted to play in a higher league and that's where we are. Most of us will be happy to welcome Widnes and Leigh in the next couple of weeks rather than some of the championship 1 dregs. Let's just appreciate it while it lasts. Can understand the floating fans staying away, they aren't bothered about the quality of the opposition, they just want to watch a winning team. Town aren't just for Christmas. 💙

I know what you're saying marra. But I couldn't blame a floating supporter for not going. 

We all want to be in this league, as the alternative is a very poor one to say the least. 

See you Sunday. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

I now wait for the Supergreed backlash yet again

Ha, ha, my restructuring thought is a pipedream to help Town's plight _ I'll wake up to reality soonish.

It's just plain crazy the SL greed with little respect for the lesser lights......except giving some players match practice via loan deals.

Attendances were rock bottom in the 1970's ... I remember Saints getting 2500...so I guess yes SL is an improvement.

But having a 10 team SL?  Well bad luck with that. My other sporting watch is (well was) Speedway a great sport (I think)but it is in serious trouble via poor crowds - the top Division is 6 teams, yes just 6, fans won't pay to see the same fixtures repeated throughout the season - and SL could be heading for similar dross....like I said plain crazy.

13 hours ago, Andrew Newton said:

I know what you're saying marra. But I couldn't blame a floating supporter for not going. 

We all want to be in this league, as the alternative is a very poor one to say the least. 

See you Sunday. 

I honestly cant see anything but disaster if dropping down a league, but saying that, it's still unsure what the Rfl have planned for next seasons structures, 

• Like 1