15 hours ago, Welshleaguelover said:

I had a look at their Facebook when I first saw this post at the weekend.

Their shirts look miles better than most super league teams.

Thats not a high bar to be fair!

though your not wrong

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I follow these guys on social media, they seem to be doing really well, I saw on Instagram, what looked like approx 20 players at their training session last night. Great work!

A question, I know there is also a club in Liverpool called the Lions. Do they have only junior teams or do they have a men's team as well? If so,.do they play in the same division as the Lizards? Would be great if they could build a little rivalry between the two clubs. 

2 hours ago, langpark said:

I follow these guys on social media, they seem to be doing really well, I saw on Instagram, what looked like approx 20 players at their training session last night. Great work!

A question, I know there is also a club in Liverpool called the Lions. Do they have only junior teams or do they have a men's team as well? If so,.do they play in the same division as the Lizards? Would be great if they could build a little rivalry between the two clubs. 

If you’re interested there was a decent interview with someone from the Lizards on last weeks Community Pro Am podcast, starts around 1hr 20. 

https://www.spreaker.com/user/proam13/13-pro-am-community-rugby-league-show-01_1

• Like 2

2 hours ago, langpark said:

Looks like the Lions do under 7s and under 11s. https://m.facebook.com/100063558821176/

They’re right up in the far north end of the city whereas the Lizards are south. 

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

Looks like the Lions do under 7s and under 11s. https://m.facebook.com/100063558821176/

They’re right up in the far north end of the city whereas the Lizards are south. 

Yes I saw the U7 and U11. But their FB also mentions an open age team, so hopefully that is still the case. Good to see they and Lizards have distinctly separate parts of the town covered as well. 

24 minutes ago, langpark said:

Yes I saw the U7 and U11. But their FB also mentions an open age team, so hopefully that is still the case. Good to see they and Lizards have distinctly separate parts of the town covered as well. 

Oh sorry I misread your question! Yeah from their website it looks like they have open age, though I can’t find anything about what division. 

Tbh you can’t say that they have separate parts of town covered. In Mossley Hill where the Lizards are based I’d say less than 1% of people will know they exist, and in Fazackerley where the Lions are I shouldn’t think many more than that know they exist either. Liverpool is about football and nothing else, though that said it is good to see some green shoots of rugby league in the city, albeit tiny ones. 

34 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Oh sorry I misread your question! Yeah from their website it looks like they have open age, though I can’t find anything about what division. 

Tbh you can’t say that they have separate parts of town covered. In Mossley Hill where the Lizards are based I’d say less than 1% of people will know they exist, and in Fazackerley where the Lions are I shouldn’t think many more than that know they exist either. Liverpool is about football and nothing else, though that said it is good to see some green shoots of rugby league in the city, albeit tiny ones. 

Yes of course, I am not under any illusions about that. But the RL enthusiasts in Liverpool will find them, and hopefully the distance to either one is not too far for most people. That is what I meant, rather than being based in the same part of town. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, langpark said:

Yes of course, I am not under any illusions about that. But the RL enthusiasts in Liverpool will find them, and hopefully the distance to either one is not too far for most people. That is what I meant, rather than being based in the same part of town. 

Ah yeah well in that case yes, now nobody has a RL team more than about 5 miles from their home. There are RL fans in Liverpool, it’s just that these days they’re few and far between. 

• Like 1

On 15/01/2023 at 09:49, headtackle said:

Watched a game at Wyncote last year

Still playing there or now got link with Mossley Hill are you playing on Sudley

Bit of feedback from last year was that the Twitter feed was a bit hit and miss.  Games were sometimes advertised but was irregular and not always followed up with results league tables etc. 

Good luck this year.  Will wander down to watch a few more.  

Sorry for the late reply, yes we have moved will now be playing out Mossley Hill’s Sudley Pitch this year. 
Apologies about the Twitter last year a slightly patchy year led to patchy posting, we’re open to be much more open and regular this year 👍🏼 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, langpark said:

As far as we know the Lions aren’t running an open age team this year (I could be wrong), we do have Liverpool St Helens in our league so they’ll be a couple of derby games to sink or teeth into 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LiverpoolLizards said:

As far as we know the Lions aren’t running an open age team this year (I could be wrong), we do have Liverpool St Helens in our league so they’ll be a couple of derby games to sink or teeth into 

Who else is in your division, other than Blackpool and Chester who were mentioned on your podcast interview? At least three expansion teams right there! 

1 hour ago, LiverpoolLizards said:

Sorry for the late reply, yes we have moved will now be playing out Mossley Hill’s Sudley Pitch this year. 
Apologies about the Twitter last year a slightly patchy year led to patchy posting, we’re open to be much more open and regular this year 👍🏼 

Hopefully Mossley Hill & Sudley will be a good base. Good clubhouse there. 
Good luck for the season ahead.  Have seen the Twitter account is active.  Will try and venture up to a few games