Dan Sarginson leaves Salford

A player that many Wigan fans, for whatever reason, didn’t like. I always rated him but agree with WN83 that full back was his best position. He always gave 100 per cent and was fearless. I wish him all the best in his retirement.

Edited by Jinking Jimmy

It is sad to hear that Sarginson is retiring, as someone who watched him develop when he came through at London, and then moving onto Wigan, NRL and now Salford, it has been quite the journey!

As someone else has said, he was always a player that put 100% in every game he played, he could have a few mistakes in his game, but on his day he was more than a match for his opposite number. 

It is a shame really, we are seeing the end of the higher profile Londoners that came through with the Broncos, made their name there before moving on. First Clubb, Sarginson now and LMS retiring at the end of the year (I believe?). It always gave me a "second" team, whoever they were playing for. 

I hope he is able to work through whatever issues he is going through in life and re-find his love of the game over the next couple of years and return to the sport.

• Like 2