Loan out - loan in

wayner

I really don't understand why we are loaning players out while at the same time loaning players in - of course the reason is the coach doesn't believe the players being loaned out will get a game - so they are being loaned out to give them game time but its game time away from the club.

I am sorry to say it but doesn't this mean that there are players in the squad that will not get picked - so why were they signed in the first place.

I don't like the squad system where nearly half the squad don't play and end up going out on loan........

The same can be said of the players we are bringing in on loan - for whatever reason they aren't featuring in the clubs game plans so they too go out on loan.......

Oh well I guess this is how clubs are managed in this modern era.................but then I am old enough to remember the A Team set up and going to  A Team matches when I was young, when the first team were playing away.

• Like 1

Loan lions RLFC, the quality of loan players Swinton are getting in is a credit to the club and the reason you stay up, but it is not the way forward to build any club I’d rather get relegated with my own players but like you said the modern game. 

with both Oldham and Swinton being away there is no rugby fix this weekend for myself. Good luck lions in a massive game in London, I can see a lions win incoming. 

• 2 weeks later...

Lennon gone to Halifax, Delaney in Saints first team squad, be interesting to see if we can get a full squad together for Friday with our injuries. 

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

I’ll be down at heywood road today with three of my friends, two games of the greatest game of all today. 

im going for a Swinton win by 14 against a very poor Widnes outfit, greenwood for Swinton will be the difference. Unfortunately my team Oldham will go down by 10 points due to lack of firepower up front, can’t wait for my rugby league filled day. Go well Swinton 

On 07/04/2023 at 09:38, ManchesterYed said:

I’ll be down at heywood road today with three of my friends, two games of the greatest game of all today. 

im going for a Swinton win by 14 against a very poor Widnes outfit, greenwood for Swinton will be the difference. Unfortunately my team Oldham will go down by 10 points due to lack of firepower up front, can’t wait for my rugby league filled day. Go well Swinton 

Double oops! 🤔

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot

4 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Double oops! 🤔

I’ll start with the positive, my club Oldham we’re fantastic and I’m very concerned for the hairnets.

regarding Swinton I find the fan base rather negative which I found last year were they get on players backs despite being successful. This year is down to having to many loan signings seems like Loan Rlfc. Yesterday was well below par performance from the lions and with the money spent in the offseason they  will now struggle to make the play offs and be in a relegation dog fight.