Barrow - Home

Indigogo

Absolutely huge game in the fight to stay in the championship, if we can win it'll go a long way to securing our place for next season. 

Foster said in his post match interview that he didn't think there was any injuries after the Fev game, which is a huge plus. Fingers cross Tommy Doyle is back and ready to play, he's a huge player for us in this run in. If so you'd imagine he would come in for Billy Gaylor. 

Sounds like Dan Parker has been placed on report for a hip drop tackle. I wasn't at the game on Sunday so haven't seen if it's a bad one or not. Either way he should be available this week with any possible suspension coming in the week after.

Looking forward to this one already, it's going to be a long week 😅

Agreed. Very much a must win game and Sunday can't come quick enough.

I thought we played well for the most part on Sunday and certainly didn't get embarrassed as we so often have this season when playing the top teams.

I can't say that I noticed Parker being put on report so can't comment.

I think a combination of Foster coming in and getting some of our injuries back has now made us competitive again.

We will need to be at our best.

1 hour ago, POR said:

Got 2  match ban for dangerous contact

Yes just seen that. Can't say I noticed it during the game but that seems to be where we are at currently. I'm all for making the game safer but sometimes players are getting penalised for accidents which can't be prevented.

It doesnt affect the Barrow game though.

21 minutes ago, Dovster said:

Yes just seen that. Can't say I noticed it during the game but that seems to be where we are at currently. I'm all for making the game safer but sometimes players are getting penalised for accidents which can't be prevented.

It doesnt affect the Barrow game though.

Sorry D watched it back wasn't an accident  luke had been stopped going forward and parker took him down with a nasty  trick reports say's it damaged Luke's MCL so  touch and go whether he  plays again this season

Edited by POR
  • Like 1

Just now, POR said:

Sorry D watched it back wasn't an accident  luke had been stopped going forward and parker took him down with a nasty  trick reports say's it damaged Luke's MCL so  touch and go weather he  plays again this season

I wasn't suggesting it was an accident as I didn't see it but went off at a tangent. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Hope the lad is fit soon.

22 minutes ago, Buzzer90 said:

Big win, but remaining fixtures are not kind to us compared to the rest.  Will need another win I feel.

There's so many permutations possible I don't think it's worth worrying about elsewhere yet. Like you say, another win for us would make it much more comfortable.

It's hard to predict due to the closeness of the chase for the play offs. We have Sheffield, Fax and London, on the face if it very tough. But Fax and London might either be playing for nothing, resting players for a play off push or fighting to get in the play offs. 

Fixtures against Fev and Toulouse on the face of it are very difficult but their league positions can't change now, so there's 3 dead fixtures for them but of course they won't want to go into play off rugby off the back of poor performances.

So much still up in the air. It's exciting and gut wrenching week to week at the moment 😂