Match thread: Championship Round 27. Featherstone Rovers v Widnes Vikings. Saturday 23rd September 2023.

marklaspalmas

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Very amusing, but Aekins has been playing half back for half the season and there's a case that he's simply played better, or at least as well as,  our other "recognised" options (FWIW, for me it's close between him and Lacans to partner Ford).

A little bit different, perhaps, to wanting to play a 19-year-old back row as a middle, a position he he has never played at senior level, in a semi final, or wanting to shuffle the team structure around halfway through a semi final.

I get the point.  I think the alternative point is - if a player is good enough.......

Which ever team we put out should be good enough to win both games, for me the biggest danger is the unexpected, such as getting a player sent off or injury to a key player, such as when we lost Jono early on in the home game against Toulouse. That's why I'd like to see Bussey in the 17, because he can play edge or middle, or even playmaker in an emergency. He could even do a 10 minute spell at hooker if Connor or Matty were having to do a full 80.

Jack might not be 100% fit however,so leaving him out could be understandable.  Same with Hau, if Fordy intended to play him he would have been in the 17 against Widnes.

• Like 3