End of season.

gilbert08

Just wanted everyone’s opinions on the following  

I’ll start :

Player of the year - Ryan Johnston CLASS all season won us games just with his kicking game this season & his defence has improved massively probably can consider himself a high end championship level half now buzzing he’s signed a new deal. 

most improved - Luke Broadbent most improved on the basis of the fact he didn’t get in the team early in the season & when he did he has been class even when he’s been asked to play in other positions. 

flop of the year - Ben Evans don’t like digging out players but not been impressed with what I’ve seen tbh came with a good reputation & probably a big ish wage & the locals have done better imo.

best result - 22-23 away win at haven who doesn’t love winning via drop goal in a derby 

game to forget - 18-18 draw at home with Newcastle should’ve put that game to bed 

• Like 1

Player of year,,johnno is an obvious candidate I'd also throw broady in the mix but for me even tho he got bad injury I'd go Ellis gillam ,was absolutely brilliant up until then .

Most improved definitely broady or Charlie 

Flop, prefer term "expected more "but would agree with Evans ,can't believe people think brooks was a waste of space but think Evans is class,I'd put sammutt in their aswel purely based on his level previous season

Result beating Bradford 46-12, them coming with the big time Charlie's thinking they were the dogs b#llocks and completely smashing them all game long 

Game to forget ,2nd half at Keighley or either Newcastle game

Edited by ghost of uncle fester
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, gilbert08 said:

Game to forget - 18-18 draw at home with Newcastle should’ve put that game to bed 

Too many forgettable games this season for my liking but the one that I'd like to be able to forget was the home game against Whitehaven. It would have been nice to send those drunken louts on the terraces home unhappy. 

• Like 1

Ryan Johnson has got better as the year got on. His drop goal at Whitehaven off-set the cheap penalty he gave away in the last few minutes against Haven at Barrow costing us points. He seemed to mature when Sammut wasn't available. Gillam had a stand out season as did Emslie. Danny Langtree put in a superb shift week in - week out..

The team seemed to suffer whenever Josh Woods was substituted. He is certainly one of the players of the season. Ryan Shaw's kicking has him up there as well.

• Like 1