Bridges have been built

Holmesy

6 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Barrow have been chasing him and it was a chance but for the registration held by Haven which RFL ruled in Havens favour . TW was disappointed as Barrow were offering more money att and  had a good squad  but the RFL ruling has bloked  move without Haven consent. 

Barrow arent running rhe same squad next year  so it's less attractive plus he has a new born so not so keen to trek down the coast three times a week and lose 16 to 20 hours of his family time.

Haven have  signed  some decent players  so look more competitive . Also he hasn't fallen out with  his team mates or coach and  still good terms and they want him to return  .. The Team of the year  as Prop was a show of appreciation .

Finally the investment gives him  confidence the team is funded .

Welcome back Tom

Think this is more wishful thinking. There is much more to it than this but I'd love to be proven wrong 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Holmesy said:

Looks like big bad Tom Walker will once more don  Haven colours next season after a reconciliation   Great news .  Cain Barnes also signed.

Are them other props still signing marra Dalton and the png lad.

7 minutes ago, Havenfan10 said:

Are them other props still signing marra Dalton and the png lad.

Wouldn't thought both would be. jonty said in an interview we're going with 22 depending on finances and we've got 21, can't imagine getting both on that basis and then throw in the Barnes rumour. But it was the other guy who mentioned DDW and png lad so he'll maybe know more.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Haven 123 said:

Also heard the same but I’m hearing names as PNG prop fre Fev, Greenwood Hull KR & That Aussie Prop from Bradford, possibly Evan Simons at Hooker, ad be happy with Just Barnes & Walker 😂

I wouldn't of thought we'd need another hooker.... Philips/Newton be first choice and then could use Doran there and have Hanneghan/Carter as halfs

24 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

I wouldn't of thought we'd need another hooker.... Philips/Newton be first choice and then could use Doran there and have Hanneghan/Carter as halfs

Thought evan simons was decent when he was at Town scored a good try against us . But do we need another hooker

15 hours ago, Haven 123 said:

Also heard the same but I’m hearing names as PNG prop fre Fev, Greenwood Hull KR & That Aussie Prop from Bradford, possibly Evan Simons at Hooker, ad be happy with Just Barnes & Walker 😂

Which greenwood from hull KR is it? Barrow just signed one from Salford who used to be with KR? 

19 hours ago, Haven 123 said:

That’s the one mate think Haven spoke to him but he chose Barrow. 

Plenty experience and size but given how unlucky we've been with injuries (and him) last couple year, probably a good thing he didn't join 🤣 if he keeps fit, no doubt he'll be an asset for Barrow though. Hopefully we get a couple in.