ROCHDALE HORNETS ATTENDANCES

HornyHornyHorneeet

ROCHDALE HORNETS ATTENDANCES - WORK TO DO IN 2024

5563.jpg

Rochdale Hornets can announce their 2023 Attendance Data and Targets ahead of 2024.

As the club heads into a new season, it is important to remain open and honest with supporters as to how aspirational the club is and what the club needs from its supporters new and old.

With this in mind, the club have decided to reveal attendance data for 2023, with the aim of increasing attendances in 2024.

5566.jpg

Rochdale Borough with over 230,000 people within means Hornets tick a major box in terms of the scale and size of its immediate catchment area. Hornets are also the only professional Rugby League club within its own Borough, providing huge potential for attendance growth and a large market for growth digitally and commercially. 

However, the boards analysis of attendances over a period of 13 years demonstrates that levels fall short of those reasonably expected for a Championship club which we absolutely aspire to be. This needs to be addressed to ensure the club can demonstrate its value and worth within the IMG led era. 

IMG are the global sports management giant tasked with 'reimagining' the sport sport – and its 20-point plan that will underpin the new grading system, will come into effect from the end of 2024.

5567.jpg

Since the arrival of the current ownership and particularly since the appointment of our new General Manager Matt Rigby, we have trailed various offers, promotions and significantly improved the match day experience towards the back-end of 2023 season. This will go up another couple of gears in 2024 with details of our match themes and game day events to be made available in due course.

With some solid on field recruitment and so much good work going on in the community, the club and Foundation are making strides with the aim to be as innovative as possible while attempting to improve the match day experience for those visiting the Crown Oil Arena in 2024.

Ultimately we need greater levels of engagement and support. As a minimum and what we believe to be a realistic target, we need an average home attendance in 2024 of over 1000, with the aim of boosting that average to 1500 by no later than the end of 2025. 

5568.jpg

Season ticket sales to date have been encouraging with over 65% of the internal target's having been met before Christmas. 

YOU can help move YOUR club forward by buying a season ticket and encouraging others to join the journey with you. 

Remember kids go absolutely free. https://www.hornetsrugbyleague...

The club are hoping that supporters can get behind all initiatives launched throughout the season that are aimed at growing attendances, in order to help reach all of the targets set prior to the season getting underway.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

A lot will depend on the playing record….we had only 4 wins against teams playing in league 1 this coming season and none against the traditional teams. Lets hope for a good start to the season with some wins on the board to help boost attendance.

I don't think it will personally though i do think a more competitive team on the pitch in year two of a total rebuild should help achieve the targets being set.

I think the reality of the numbers in the piece from the board shows Hornets even when having some relative on field success and being promoted and operating in the higher division for a few years are very poorly supported.

This requires a mentality shift to some degree from lapsed supporters, but more importantly a new fan base being built from the schools and community grass roots is imperative. 

With Balderstone Park set to become a Hornets community hub in 2024 and so much being done by the Community Foundation i hope all these people being engaged with the club translate to more / new bodies into the stadium in 2024. Its very clear there will be a much greater emphasis on creating events and a match day experience for families wrapped around the actual fixtures and for me is great to see and very positive.

If we get anything from the first 3 games I will be happy but it’s the league that matters realistically we are playing for one promotion spot . It’s obvious how close we go to achieving that will determine attendances. The board have put everything in place that they can and I and people I have spoken to are really looking forward to our best season in years. 

• Like 3