Blue & White Knights

OSBaller

I had a very interesting conversation this week with Cresta, in regards to the Blue & White Knights investment towards the player recruitment and squad building. 

Fair to say, it's extremely exciting times ahead!! 

They wish to remain anonymous which I will respect, but i will say that this group of businessmen could definitely play a massive role in taking Barrow Raiders to new heights! 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, OSBaller said:

I had a very interesting conversation this week with Cresta, in regards to the Blue & White Knights investment towards the player recruitment and squad building. 

Fair to say, it's extremely exciting times ahead!! 

They wish to remain anonymous which I will respect, but i will say that this group of businessmen could definitely play a massive role in taking Barrow Raiders to new heights! 

I’ve said this before,fantastic that people can club together and do this.

I’m sure it is much appreciated by all Raiders fans,the supporters trust also deserve credit for working tirelessly behind the scenes.

• Like 5

Yes, this is a really great development for the Club and I understand this group was instrumental in being able to sign-up Tom Walker, Aaron Smith and hopefully others in the future. I made an enquiry if this consortium were interested in adding to their ranks, but had no response - seemingly the current members want to remain private and anonymous. The Raiders Free Masons....

• Like 1

I know one of them was putting money in to the football. They now get £2M central funding from the EFL so he’s decided to put some money into the rugby instead. Not sure what made him back the football as he’s always been a RL man. Not sure who the other investors are. It’s great for the club. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, 2Cents said:

Yes, this is a really great development for the Club and I understand this group was instrumental in being able to sign-up Tom Walker, Aaron Smith and hopefully others in the future. I made an enquiry if this consortium were interested in adding to their ranks, but had no response - seemingly the current members want to remain private and anonymous. The Raiders Free Masons....

I'm told that if you contact the club directly, 01229 820273 for the office, or Steve Neale at Steve.Neale@barrowrlfc.com - let them know of your interest and details will definitely be forwarded to them. Hope that helps 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RLDB said:

I know one of them was putting money in to the football. They now get £2M central funding from the EFL so he’s decided to put some money into the rugby instead. Not sure what made him back the football as he’s always been a RL man. Not sure who the other investors are. It’s great for the club. 

Great to have them there behind the scenes helping the Raiders - and what a refreshing change to see people wanting to help without it being an ego trip.

A side note: Just shows you the contrast between the EFL and the RFL when it comes to money flow down through the pyramid: The £2m a single 4th tier club gets is more than the whole funding pot for the 2nd and 3rd tiers in RL.

• Like 4

On 26/01/2024 at 05:14, Dave W said:

Great to have them there behind the scenes helping the Raiders - and what a refreshing change to see people wanting to help without it being an ego trip.

A side note: Just shows you the contrast between the EFL and the RFL when it comes to money flow down through the pyramid: The £2m a single 4th tier club gets is more than the whole funding pot for the 2nd and 3rd tiers in RL.

I’m a Trust BOD member at BAFC as an Overseas fan rep & I’m on the monthly zoom meetings & can confirm that BAFC get 1 million not 2 as all L2 clubs receive however it’s going up next year due to improved TV contract monies being divided on a more even keel as previously & it’s all info that’s in the public domain so available to all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mickmike wilson said:

I’m a Trust BOD member at BAFC as an Overseas fan rep & I’m on the monthly zoom meetings & can confirm that BAFC get 1 million not 2 as all L2 clubs receive however it’s going up next year due to improved TV contract monies being divided on a more even keel as previously & it’s all info that’s in the public domain so available to all. 

This is interesting Mick,what are their thoughts on a shared stadium?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, mickmike wilson said:

Soooo I’m sure it’s common knowledge but who are the B & W Knights then? 

did someone say they were in the NWEM? 

When Tom Walker signed it named them on the press release. Since the Cresta has said they want to be anonymous. 

• Like 2