2024 NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague24 Results After Round 10 . Your comments welcome. YOUR league, your discussion thread. We'd like you to join in our talk.

Posted (edited)

I’m quietly pleased to have beaten James (sorry James) in that round as he is a top performer in H2Hs. From a sticky start to the season when I struggled to get points, I feel the changes I’ve made have turned things round for me.
I had brought Haas into my team last week, but changed my mind when I realised there were doubts about him playing as he had a knee problem. He did play as it happened. I backed out and brought an alternative player in who on this occasion at least outscored Haas.

That was a tricky round with matches being hard to tip.

Edited by Graham
  • Like 2

The big question now is how to prepare for the Origin period if going for a high position overall. If H2H is all you are bothered about it isn't as important, but the ratio of trades left vs cash building becomes critical.

17 minutes ago, Spotty Herbert said:

The big question now is how to prepare for the Origin period if going for a high position overall. If H2H is all you are bothered about it isn't as important, but the ratio of trades left vs cash building becomes critical.

The frustrating aspect of that is that the best players we aspire to owning are likely to for the most part be the ones who’ll be involved in Origin. Even those not picked might also happen to be on byes.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Graham said:

The frustrating aspect of that is that the best players we aspire to owning are likely to for the most part be the ones who’ll be involved in Origin. Even those not picked might also happen to be on byes.

I feel that you now have to concentrate on EITHER overall position or the H2H league. The amount of research needed to endure you have covered both bases is huge. I think I am veering towards concentrating on H2H, not trying to maximise scores in Rounds 13, 16 and 19 when there are no league games.

Edited by Spotty Herbert
  • Like 1

Would you dump Ethan Strange 5/8 if you had say an extra $125,000 on top.

$457,100 + $125,000 =$582,100

Is there anyone in 5/8 position worth swapping him for that’s likely to bring in more points/money than him?

I reckon one option for a money maker could be Galvin $416,200

He’s not necessarily going to bring in more points than Strange but he should make money. I’d then carry forward $165,900 to strengthen elsewhere next week. My other trade this week has been used.

Any more options, ideas

Galvin has a maximum of $100k still to make. How about Max Plath? Costs $515, averages 57 (and rising) and has dual 5/8 and 2FR status. I dumped Ethan Strange last week due to his rising BE and would advise that course of action to any remaining owners.

Posted (edited)

I’ve got Plath. The other options don’t seem to offer much advantage, unless there’s someone hiding away. Not enough currently in the pot for the top four or five 5/8s.

Keary and Walker are the first affordable ones but don’t appeal. I’ll probably wait until I make two trades to trade up to a top 5/8 and down elsewhere.

Edited by Graham
  • Like 1

On 06/05/2024 at 16:21, Graham said:

I’m quietly pleased to have beaten James (sorry James) in that round as he is a top performer in H2Hs. From a sticky start to the season when I struggled to get points, I feel the changes I’ve made have turned things round for me.
I had brought Haas into my team last week, but changed my mind when I realised there were doubts about him playing as he had a knee problem. He did play as it happened. I backed out and brought an alternative player in who on this occasion at least outscored Haas.

That was a tricky round with matches being hard to tip.

Well played with that win, Graham. I was working over the weekend so wasn't able to tinker with my team, as you do if you're behind in your current H2H match. But I was happy with my trades and picks overall. There would have been nothing that I could have done to win the H2H. Well deserved win. 

• Thanks 1

Not owning Crichton is really bugging me now. Think I'm going to have to get him in this week. Cleary named and has a good matchup against the Doggies. The Warriors have Sydney. SJ>Cleary is going to be popular I feel. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JimBronco said:

Well played with that win, Graham. I was working over the weekend so wasn't able to tinker with my team, as you do if you're behind in your current H2H match. But I was happy with my trades and picks overall. There would have been nothing that I could have done to win the H2H. Well deserved win. 

Thank you. I started the season in the 900’s so it’s nice to see a bit of progress.

I’m not looking forward to the Origin period!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Total carnage this week. RTS out, no Nicho, Injuries in game to Cleary, Turbo and Plath. KPP benched. Next week's trades are going to be interesting.

Edited by Spotty Herbert

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Round 11 Magic Round

Round 10 Supercoach Disaster Round

The one positive is that just about everyone is in a similar position.

Posted (edited)

ICongratulations to Jim Bromco who thrashed me. I ended up with 16 players but even a full team would have made no difference. I had thought of bringing Young or Marzhew in as they were as cheap as you were ever going to get them instead went for Issako. 

Up against Graham next week I have 450k to try and find players with better hamstrings than me.

Edited by Irish Saint
  • Haha 1

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

1 hour ago, Spotty Herbert said:

AJ Brimson was a likely replacement for RTS. Not now.

And I missed the Easts vs Wahs game, so only just picked up that SJ is crocked as well. Please can we have extra trades and extra boosts?

• Graham changed the title to 2024 NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague24 Results After Round 10 . Your comments welcome. YOUR league, your discussion thread. We'd like you to join in our talk.

I have only made one trade this week. Marzhew brought in. Have held Hynes and SJ. Don't believe Hynes will play but I am not wasting two trades to  trade one of them out  and then  back in.  With KPP only playing one half will probabljy bench him and play Smithies.Still over 300k for the origin period.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.