Rochdale Hornets.

32 minutes ago, IanMac said:

No Burns or Hutton in the squad on RFL site so needed some cover. 

So they release Sean Croston and bring a loanee in. They didn't give Croston any chance at all

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Am I getting this right, we have no Henson, Walker, Hutton or Burns for this game? If so can't say I feel overly confident.

Edited by DocH
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Town utd said:

Why get an half back on loan,town have cover in that position, getting beat by Midlands I would have thought the coach would have made changes for Rochdale. 

He can also play full back. Given that Burns, Ecclestone,Henson, Steele, Taylor,Hutton, McPherson and Lightowler are injured and Walker is suspended it doesn’t leave a lot of choice for changes other than enforced ones. 

• Like 2

Croston ,marwood don't get a look in ,even when there positions are injured, seems daft to me or not rotating the squad properly even after games lost,hopefully town can beat Rochdale anyways. 

With Injuries we are having to do it tough again this season but we Townies would have it no other way 😀

Going to be a very tough game against a much improving Rochdale side.

Also great to see Oldham helping us out again for a couple of weeks with the loan of Tyrer.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Good to see we have a winger on loan for the nexth2 weeks  given our injuries.

The next 2 fixtures are must wins if we are to get to the top of the league.

You're thinking of Cian Tyrer played well for us at Newcastle then racked up 10 tries in his next couple of games. 

Edited by homeandawayer

4 hours ago, DocH said:

Am I getting this right, we have no Henson, Walker, Hutton or Burns for this game? If so can't say I feel overly confident.

And when we beat them at ours their halves were injured. We aren't the same team without Burns so a win would be a pleasant surprise. 

• Like 2

Is Matty injured and just included for numbers in the squad or likely to play tomorrow.

Ellis Archer and our 3 recent signings have 2 more weeks training since the last game  so will they feature in the starting team?

Yeah Burns and Henson are missing but what the h*ll is going on here?? We were terrible last time and now embarrassing today. Get it sorted!! The club are working hard to generate income so the players and coaches need to step up . Aweh !

We are pretty poor aren’t we ? People can kid themselves it’s due to injuries etc but the truth is we haven’t played well this season even when we have won. 

• Like 3

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Really thought we’d be the best from the rest away from Oldham and keighley, but the rate we’re going playoffs will be a stretch 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

3 minutes ago, wonky said:

Really thought we’d be the best from the rest away from Oldham and keighley, but the rate we’re going playoffs will be a stretch 

No chance of a playoff place, we are a poor side with no idea how to control the opposition half backs, how do they expect the floating fans to come and watch when they clearly have not got it right on the field.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Derwent said:

We are pretty poor aren’t we ? People can kid themselves it’s due to injuries etc but the truth is we haven’t played well this season even when we have won. 

100% mate, said all year, our line speed is awful and our defence leaves a lot to be desired

Absolutely poor. We were 10 points down in the first 6 minutes. This to me says some players are only there to make the numbers up. We play less games this year than other seasons and yet we have more players out with “injuries”.  We certainly can’t get any lower than we are at present!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.