CHAMPIONSHIP 2024: LEADING SCORERS

We have constructed charts showing the top 20 Championship players in a variety of categories.

It was originally devised for Featherstone supporters so Fev players are colour coded in white on Navy background and Fev’s next opponents in a red font.

Access the information by clicking on the link below.

https://fevnut.blogspot.com/2024/02/championship-2024-leading-scorers.html

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fevnut said:

We have constructed charts showing the top 20 Championship players in a variety of categories.

It was originally devised for Featherstone supporters so Fev players are colour coded in white on Navy background and Fev’s next opponents in a red font.

Access the information by clicking on the link below.

https://fevnut.blogspot.com/2024/02/championship-2024-leading-scorers.html

Love your work but the Championship has not started yet. On a side note do you have any idea on what the record number of tries scored by an individual player in a season is for the league in its current format. Depending if its not too much higher than last seasons I think it could go this season.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Love your work but the Championship has not started yet. On a side note do you have any idea on what the record number of tries scored by an individual player in a season is for the league in its current format. Depending if its not too much higher than last seasons I think it could go this season.

These charts for ALL matches. Once the league season starts I publish a separate chart for just League Matches. The title 'Championship' refers to players at Championship Clubs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Have we had one in this format before? There have been 31 changes in the last 41 years.

• Haha 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

17 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

The current format (14 teams and 27 games) only came in in 2019. Leading Try scorers in League Games: 2019 Matty Ashton, Swinton Lions,30; 2020 No comparison - only 5 games played by each team because of Covid; 2021 Gareth Gale, Fev, 27 (but only 21 games played by Fev because of Covid); 2022 Theerapol Ritson, Barrow Raiders, 28; 2023 Lachlan Walmsley, Halifax Panthers, 36. Interesting that several of these were by players at clubs well down the league!

49 minutes ago, fevnut said:

The current format (14 teams and 27 games) only came in in 2019. Leading Try scorers in League Games: 2019 Matty Ashton, Swinton Lions,30; 2020 No comparison - only 5 games played by each team because of Covid; 2021 Gareth Gale, Fev, 27 (but only 21 games played by Fev because of Covid); 2022 Theerapol Ritson, Barrow Raiders, 28; 2023 Lachlan Walmsley, Halifax Panthers, 36. Interesting that several of these were by players at clubs well down the league!

Thank you for that. Interesting point you make about league standings of teams and I were going to say that the only thing that stops Walmsley beating his total from last year is the fact that Wakefield been so dominant might actually work against him because there will be more tries scored by players further in field. I do fancy Greg Eden to give him a run for him money though and obviously Gareth Gale is always going to be up there.

57 minutes ago, fevnut said:

The current format (14 teams and 27 games) only came in in 2019.

The current format came in in 2024.  14 teams, 26 games.   To be fair, we haven't started this year's league yet.

2020 was abandoned, of course.  14 teams, 3, 4 or 5 games.

2021 was 14 teams, just play as many as you like - max 22.

Anyone looking for consistency or meaningful comparisons will be disappointed.

Edited by Griff

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"