Looking to the future

Hi 

I used to go watch rams play with family back in the days of Barry Eaton playing but unfortunately not been in many years but always come on this forum, watch out for the results and even watch the highlights on youtube and if i can get a free stream watch the games, Going off topic was thinking about the future correct me if i am wrong but Mark Sawyer is 57 ? if correct he's getting towards The big 60 in the not to distant future what do we think will happen once hes not here anymore any indication maybe that someone from the sawyer family will take over ? or even a foreign or English businessman taking over that's got more money ? i wonder if mark has a plan in place ? I know Dewsbury may never be a big big club but with a little more money behind them maybe they could go fulltime ? expend the stadium even more etc etc ? Sometimes something little can make the difference pushing the rugby club a bit further up the pyramid bringing everything up to date technology wise. Wondered if people had any thoughts regards to the next say 10 years going forward what might happen to the mighty Dewsbury Rams ? 

21 hours ago, feelslikezoom86 said:

Hi 

I used to go watch rams play with family back in the days of Barry Eaton playing but unfortunately not been in many years but always come on this forum, watch out for the results and even watch the highlights on youtube and if i can get a free stream watch the games, Going off topic was thinking about the future correct me if i am wrong but Mark Sawyer is 57 ? if correct he's getting towards The big 60 in the not to distant future what do we think will happen once hes not here anymore any indication maybe that someone from the sawyer family will take over ? or even a foreign or English businessman taking over that's got more money ? i wonder if mark has a plan in place ? I know Dewsbury may never be a big big club but with a little more money behind them maybe they could go fulltime ? expend the stadium even more etc etc ? Sometimes something little can make the difference pushing the rugby club a bit further up the pyramid bringing everything up to date technology wise. Wondered if people had any thoughts regards to the next say 10 years going forward what might happen to the mighty Dewsbury Rams ? 

a good post but one would need a crystal ball to even guess what might happen.   Come the new world of IMG we might even disappear for good, who knows.....

The problem is that anyone who is in a position to invest in  a business must, among other considerations, be sure of the future of the market in which that business operates. 

Regardless of how frustrating it may be to see the club run on a shoe string we should probably think about how much money we would commit to the future if said monies were our own. In my opinion no backer, either current or future,  is going to risk a big investment in a club at our level of the game as things now stand. The future is exclusively reserved for the bigger named clubs.

By the way, 57 is no age at all. From my end of the spectrum it appears positively teenage. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You don't "invest" in rugby league clubs yoni just give away lots of money. If Mark Sawyer put in another £100,000 a season, we might make the play-offs. But that's an awful lot of money to win a few more games and a bit of short term glory.

• Like 3