The NRL Round 6 Thread

Newcastle Knights v Sydney Roosters

For the sake of their own credibility, the Knights have to win this one at home against a depleted Roosters side  who are staring at a 2-4 start to the season. Is Uncle Nick watching ? - Roosters put to the Sword?

Melbourne Storm v Canterbury Bulldogs

I have been a Dogs booster on what I have seen thus far this season, but after last weeks unseen and unforseen second half collapse against a 12 then 11 man Roosters you fear for them going into Melbourne against the Storm who are running back into form - Dogs Kennelled ?

Brisbane Broncos v Dolphins

No Adma Reynolds but Reece Walsh back for a Broncos side that has depth against a Dolphins side tha,t much as I like thir style, are picking up injuries. The point of interest for me is with both teams playing out of Suncorp and reports that the Fins had tapped into a non-Broncos League audience in Brisbane. Who will the crowd be barracking for ? Fins - Flipped?

New Zealand Warriors v Manly Sea Eagles

Coin-flip game between the Wahs and the silvertails, The Wahs are at home and at near full strength. The silvertails minus Reuben Garrick whos accuracy with the boot may be the swing factor if Manly who have been hot and cold this year turn up at Mount Smart. Wahs winners ?

Paramatta Eels v North Queensland Cowboys

Round 6 and this is a crucial game for both sides, Parramatta have to prove they are still contenders without Mitch Moses after two losses on the bounce and the Cows need to show they can win away from tropical Townsville. No Maika Sivo, who was surprisingly unpopular amongst the Eels fans where I was sitting last Monday, as Brad Arthur shuffles the pack. Eels slip out of Cowboys Lasso?

South Sydney v Cronulla Sharks

Demoralisted and depleted the Wabbits stagger out orf the Burrow, with another head-scratching coaching decision to omit Damien Cook made by Jason Demitriou. Last week  I think Craig Fitzgibbon acknowledged in last weks press conference that the Sharks got out of jail against  the Raiders but Briton Nikora is back this week and possibly one other, and being forward lite is not that big an issue against the Bunnies these days. Fear not Wabbit fans, Mal Meninga will be coaching the Bunnies before your ears twitch https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/rabbitohs/mal-meninga-set-to-be-appointed-south-sydney-intermin-coach-to-replace-jason-demetriou/news-story/43f9f4eef73edae59e11b25d999c6dd0  Sharkies to administer the Coup de Grace ?

West Tigers v St George Illawarra

Cellar dwellars for the last few seasons, how will West Tigers cope with being the bookies favourite without John Bateman and Lachlan Galvin . Will the Dragons respond to Shane Flanagan putting the team on notice. Certainly the Dragons are a better side than they are given credit for and since Zac Lomax was released from the final two years oif his contract some must be pondering that the Dragons and their own estimation of their contractural worth is not shared around the league. Potential upset here. Dragons slay Tigers?

Canberra Raiders v Gold Coast Titans

I would love to be at the press conference if Ricky's Rebounding Raiders manage to choke and lose to this Titans mob for whom Des Haesler is the latest wearer of the Gold Coast Crown of Thorns. Gold Coast now the favouties to be "Woodies" residence one he moves out of Concord at the seasons end. Broadbeach is nice in the summer... Rampant Raiders?

• Like 1

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Morning all!

A slight disappointment that Dom Young can't face his former team-mates today, but we've still got two teams who really need a win.

Hastings opens the scoring!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tupou in at the corner. Ponga limping slightly?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Roosters in again!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Brandon Smith makes it 8:14 with ktc.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

KPP sets up Bradman Best with a great run.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Croydon Hurricanes RLFC getting a shout-out on Fox League!

Ralph Waldo Emerson