The NRL Round 6 Thread

Oates, after a rubbish first half, scores to draw level with Michael Hancock on 120 tries for the Broncos.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Errors all around in this half.

BRI 10:04 DOL

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Madden swoops on a loose ball and a few seconds later Wonderboy Walsh swallow-dives over the try-line at the other end.

He was celebrating by the time he crossed the halfway line and now he converts it for 16:4.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nick O'Rima makes a complete Horlicks of dealing with a Brisbane kick and Cobbo scores under the sticks.

22:04

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Milford falcons the ball and Selwyn Cobbo's in under the sticks for his double. 

28:04

Ralph Waldo Emerson

A converted Bostock try takes the Dolphins to double figures.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lovely try! Isaako swerves through the defence to make it 28:14.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

20 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Lovely try! Isaako swerves through the defence to make it 28:14.

And that's the final score.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I said it last match and I’ll say again, the Storm forwards as a unit needs strengthening. They have a set of backs as good as any but they have not been getting the platform they need. Okay they have been nicking wins, but it is desperation stuff.

GWdErp0.jpeg 
Only in Rugby League!
The Australian Rugby League Forum

Storm fullback Ryan Papenhuyzen has avoided suspension after bringing down Bulldogs winger Josh Addo-Carr with a textbook hip-drop tackle on Friday night.

On Saturday morning, Papenhuyzen was hit with a $750 fine with an early guilty plea for the tackle on Addo-Carr in the 32nd minute, which went undetected at the time. Rookie NRL referee Wyatt Raymond likely missed it because Addo-Carr immediately bounced back to his feet.

Dolphins star Anthony Milford has been handed a two-match ban after his ugly blindside hit on Broncos fullback Reece Walsh off the ball.

10min: try to DCE from some sloppy play near the line. Looked clear cut to me but ref sent it up No Try. The ball came off a couple of players but always went back off both teams then DCE grounded it.

DCE goal

Manly 6 - 0

A disruptor penalty to Manly. I hate this rule. As long as doesn't make contact with the catcher it's a legitimate play, IMO

23min: 60m Manly move sees Talau run 30m then kick ahead for DCE to score.

Then he converts

DCE 12  Warriors 0

27min: Talau try from simple backline move 10m out from the NZ line.

DCE misses the goal from the sideline

Manly 16 -0

36min: Jazz Tevaga under the posts after Warriors got some extended possession in the Manly 20.

Johnson goal

Warriors 6 - 16

Now Tevaga is assisted from the field by a trainer with some non-specific legular injury. Might be Seasonal Affective Disorder. I know my body hasn't liked the sudden drop in overnight temperatures.

40min: DWZ takes the intercept 60m out and scores in the corner.

Johnson kick was ... well technically it was a goal attempt, I suppose.

HT:  Manly  16  Warriors  10

44min: B-Turbo, or Burbo goes in for a try after RTS overread that and went too wide.

DCE goal

Manly 22 - 10