Looking ahead….

Just two home games, Cornwall and Town, before our 5 consecutive away days, with the last of those at Cougars and Town. Thankfully, 5 of our last 6 fixtures are home, inc lastly, Cougars again, to prepare for the play-offs.

I had not noticed (or forgotten) that this League 1 season has a new end game.  Top place still auto promotion.  2-6 play-offs with their final winner having to beat 12th Championship club to secure 13th spot for Championship status in 2025.  Presumably, on a neutral ground?

2025…….13 club Championship;  10 or 11 (?) League 1 with a “Super 8’s” style competition* - top teams in League 1 and the lowest-ranked teams in the Championship to determine promotion/relegation. (* to be finalised and aimed to create 12 in the Championship).  (11 (?)  RFL planning any application process.)

2026…….12 clubs in both Championship and League 1.  (to be finalised, but continuing the “Super 8’s” style competition /promotion/ relegation).

ps. “There will be a significant increase in prize money for the Betfred Championship Grand Final winners from 2024, recognising that the winners of this match will no longer secure automatic promotion to the Super League – the Championship should be seen as a significant competition to win in its own right.”!

Trust I haven’t missed anything.

From now, Hornets back to continuous winning ways and the encouraging greater spectator involvement.

6 hours ago, glemiln said:

Just two home games, Cornwall and Town, before our 5 consecutive away days, with the last of those at Cougars and Town. Thankfully, 5 of our last 6 fixtures are home, inc lastly, Cougars again, to prepare for the play-offs.

I had not noticed (or forgotten) that this League 1 season has a new end game.  Top place still auto promotion.  2-6 play-offs with their final winner having to beat 12th Championship club to secure 13th spot for Championship status in 2025.  Presumably, on a neutral ground?

2025…….13 club Championship;  10 or 11 (?) League 1 with a “Super 8’s” style competition* - top teams in League 1 and the lowest-ranked teams in the Championship to determine promotion/relegation. (* to be finalised and aimed to create 12 in the Championship).  (11 (?)  RFL planning any application process.)

2026…….12 clubs in both Championship and League 1.  (to be finalised, but continuing the “Super 8’s” style competition /promotion/ relegation).

ps. “There will be a significant increase in prize money for the Betfred Championship Grand Final winners from 2024, recognising that the winners of this match will no longer secure automatic promotion to the Super League – the Championship should be seen as a significant competition to win in its own right.”!

Trust I haven’t missed anything.

From now, Hornets back to continuous winning ways and the encouraging greater spectator involvement.

I believe the play off final is to be played on the ground of the championship team, not at a neutral ground, but (a) I may be wrong and (b) RFL still have time to change its mind.