Can Fev Rovers get their first win ?

Expecting a tight contest Fev v Warrington and wouldn’t be surprised to see Rovers pick up their first win.

Also, Barrow have given Wigan 2 tough games already this season both in the cup & WSL so looking forward to this one.

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

That win by Wire leaves a bit of a gulf between them and the bottom 3. Fev and barrow were expected to be around there but they will get better for having competitive games. I just wonder what happens next season as Leigh are a must to get in to the top division but it could be a mistake to lose one of the bottom 3. 

The big surprise is still Huddersfield who seem to have gone backwards. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

The big surprise is still Huddersfield who seem to have gone backwards. 

Maybe the journalists who were quick to praise them for their "going professional" can work out why, because they seem to have swallowed that story whole.

• Like 1

Hudds are potentially the 5th best team in SL

They’re the best placed club to pick up academy players from Leeds and York frustrated at lack of game time or not offered a first team squad no 

I watched the Fev v Warrington game and Warrington did well to come from being down at halftime.

What struck me about the Warrington backline is it is very young and we forget that when see them up against the big 4 clubs.

I think if they stick together they have the basis of a good squad in years to come.

Players who I think could have a good future are

Millie Bell - halfback

Nicole Barnett - centre

Anna Dennis - fullback who didn’t play yesterday. 
Charlie McGraw - halfback 

Jasmine Wilson - hooker

Grace Burnett - prop 

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

1 hour ago, WRLFan said:

Hudds are potentially the 5th best team in SL

They’re the best placed club to pick up academy players from Leeds and York frustrated at lack of game time or not offered a first team squad no 

Its a strange one with Huddersfield as a few of us had said they had made some good signings and although nobody expected them to fully bridge the gap between the top 4 and themselves, we did think they would have been a lot closer than what they have been so far. 

I agree regards getting players from Leeds who might be on the fringes but when it comes to York, it is Huddersfield releasing players that are then picked up by York. Ive heard bad things about the Huddersfield u19's set up and how the girls are treat but I am hoping it has changed over the past 6-12 months as it clearly was not working and just having your U19's line up as cannon fodder for the first team does not constitue a training session and neither does it allow players from the younger age group to improve. 

It was certainly a good thing what Huddersfield did regarding contracts and a step in the right direction but they had some certain other players in the squad who also signed contracts which never got announced. I'd be interested to hear how those work as I can't imagine they involve money.