Fev U19's V Leeds U19's

For anyone who wants their rugby league fix tonight Fev V Leeds is televised on David Gray TV - 

Potential to be very one sided but Leeds have rested players and have some quality on the bench. Just seen the Fev squad and Tally Bryer dropping down from the first team will add some quality for Fev.

Edited by The Blues Ox
  • Like 1

Might turn off soon, as this looks like a massacre ( Leeds just scored 4th try in first 24 minutes) but I have to say Leeds do look good (gulp)

Fev really can't handle fit, fast and athletic 2nd row forwards.....

Good picture too !

Leeds gone from looking good to not been able to complete a single set in the second half. Sums up the problem with the u19's in my opinion, its very rare that you will have a competitive match up and Im not sure how either of these teams are improving from this match and other one sided contests.

5 hours ago, RBKnight said:

Another U-19s result from last night - York beat Huddersfield 40-10

Hat-trick for Evie Sexton, and a brace and six goals for Izzy Brennan

How strong was the York team? I know Huddersfield had a number of players from the first team squad or with first team experience in their squad for the game although im not sure how many actually played. 

6 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

How strong was the York team? I know Huddersfield had a number of players from the first team squad or with first team experience in their squad for the game although im not sure how many actually played. 

Tee actually ended up playing (and scoring)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RBKnight said:

Tee actually ended up playing (and scoring)

Strange way to list the team or incredibly lucky that the line up just happened to fall in alphabetical order. 😃

Having seen the line ups I'm a little surprised by margin of victory but I guess that is what we get qith the 19's with a mix of fresh players and some on the back of playing on the previous Sunday.

11 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Strange way to list the team or incredibly lucky that the line up just happened to fall in alphabetical order. 😃

Having seen the line ups I'm a little surprised by margin of victory but I guess that is what we get qith the 19's with a mix of fresh players and some on the back of playing on the previous Sunday.

😄 Not sure who you thought might be playing for York to make them stronger (on paper at least) ?

11 hours ago, RBKnight said:

😄 Not sure who you thought might be playing for York to make them stronger (on paper at least) ?

I just expected this to be a really close game having watched most of these girls a lot at junior level but again I think questions need to be asked about the Giants recruitment.

Obviously never been a big fan of the Giants junior recruitment policies but I think they made a number of mistakes in the players they recruited this year with at least 1 been to the benefit of York. Always been a fan of Freya Whitehead through the juniors, she was always the best hooker at her age level by some distance, and Maddie Hutchison has been a stand out in every game Ive seen her play for the 19's, both those will be good signings for the giants and I can see both easily been able to play at first team level within a couple of years. Other than those 2 I were surprised by some of the players they brought in but that may just be down to that age group been of lower quality than the year previous or this years upcoming U16's which look really strong(albeit Leeds have a lot of them coming their way). The one who will benefit York is one that Huddersfield passed up on a yound prop/second rower called Codie Waller, apparently unavailable on Wednesday but won her clubs player of the season in her first year at open age before been forced to play another year of u16's by the RFL rule change on age groups.

• Thanks 1

Isn’t that Debbie Smith’s daughter ?

I haven’t seen any of the giants players apart from one or two but I noticed another Naidole, do you rate her ?

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

21 hours ago, BroncoFan said:

Isn’t that Debbie Smith’s daughter ?

I haven’t seen any of the giants players apart from one or two but I noticed another Naidole, do you rate her ?

Its is yes, part of the original Bradford team when SL started I believe.

Tyla is Lois cousin, Ive seen her play a few times and would describe her as solid and robust workhorse type of player. The fact this is her last year at 19's level and her not having a look in at first team level suggests to me she won't be kept on after this year.